The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

3 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

Cant wait. Hopefully its a No Deal exit. 

3 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Let's do this!

I get the impression that your understanding of a No Deal Brexit is about the same as our cats grasp of particle physics.

45 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I get the impression that your understanding of a No Deal Brexit is about the same as our cats grasp of particle physics.

Is that Schroedinger's Cat

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

And perhaps this week will define what Leave means.

Or perhaps not .

The options are, a short delay or a long delay  ;)

Just a quick heads up. Channel 4 are broadcasting a Dispatches which looks at the rich people who stand to profit from Brexit.

10 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Just a quick heads up. Channel 4 are broadcasting a Dispatches which looks at the rich people who stand to profit from Brexit.

You mean how rich people got richer from Labour deregulating the banks, what is new?

9 hours ago, L00b said:

Pointing out it's not only the UK that will have problems, to then argue that it's the EU's fault for "clamping down on the UK", is not "just" pointing out it's not only the UK that will have problems, and pretty much looks like an attempt at justifying Brexit, from where I'm looking at iansheff's post.

Perhaps you want to re-read it, and my own post in reply to it, to assure yourself of what I wrote, rather than what you think I wrote.

Perhaps first you could point out where I stated or argued that it was the EU fault for "clamping down on the UK" as I have never stated such thing. It seems you are getting a little confused with posters and should re-read my posts 3791 and 3795 and then you can see what I wrote and not what you think I wrote!;)

2 hours ago, Litotes said:

Is that Schroedinger's Cat

It may be or it may not be..... 

Edited by apelike

2 hours ago, phil752 said:

You mean how rich people got richer from Labour deregulating the banks, what is new?

The tories haven’t regulated them in 9 years. The only ones who wanted to reign them in was the EU!

52 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

The tories haven’t regulated them in 9 years. The only ones who wanted to reign them in was the EU!

now your blaming the ones that didn't re regulated, the banks which i thought they had, against the ones that deregulated them?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/2010-to-2015-government-policy-bank-regulation/2010-to-2015-government-policy-bank-regulation

Edited by phil752

5 hours ago, phil752 said:

now your blaming the ones that didn't re regulated, the banks which i thought they had, against the ones that deregulated them?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/2010-to-2015-government-policy-bank-regulation/2010-to-2015-government-policy-bank-regulation

Anybody know what this means?

7 hours ago, apelike said:

Perhaps first you could point out where I stated or argued that it was the EU fault for "clamping down on the UK" as I have never stated such thing. It seems you are getting a little confused with posters and should re-read my posts 3791 and 3795 and then you can see what I wrote and not what you think I wrote!;)

Nice try.

Except, I clealy referenced the fact that it was iansheff who posted that and made the argument, and not once have I claimed or suggested that it was you.

It had been a while since you had posted in bad faith. Oh well.

12 hours ago, ricgem2002 said:

they did and voted out :thumbsup:

Ah, we have another supporter of condom democracy I see. They were getting a bit thin on the ground in the thread.

Ultimately with this lot in power we are up the creak without a paddle

If we leave it will be a shambles

If we then decide to remain, after we lurch from one disaster to another after Brexit then we will have to accept whatever terms and conditions that the EU decide

42 minutes ago, rogets said:

If we then decide to remain, after we lurch from one disaster to another after Brexit then we will have to accept whatever terms and conditions that the EU decide

If that is what happens, I'm pretty confident that you will see that the EU27 is not the enemy which many Brexit figureheads and politicians, and much of the British media, are making it out to be.

There won't be much at all in the way of terms and conditions (I very much doubt they'd insist on Schengen and the €, for instance - even though these 2 are compulsory for new EU entrants nowadays, which the UK would be if it Brexits in 18 days and then wants to remain/rejoin). If any T&Cs at all: they'll only be too happy to put this whole Brexit folly behind and move on at last, plus it'd be solid gold PR to kill off populists and other far right  & far left agitators.

Edited by L00b