The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

24 minutes ago, RJRB said:

However,this continued campaign to arrive at a legally enforceable time limit on the N.I .backstop seems ridiculous to me.

It is ridiculous, Brexiteers only need to fear if the sunlit uplands of Brexit, promised during the referendum, fail to arrive!

Given their honesty in this matter the backstop, clearly, will never be used!

You can't have an independant trade policy if goods can come in from another jurisdiction completely unchecked... so all they have to come up with is a way to stop someone who may or may not be a criminal filling a van with goods and driving them over the border... :roll:

Edited by Magilla

On 06/03/2019 at 19:25, Top Cats Hat said:

If leaving the UK had been obligatory by an Act of Parliament, this would be in the courts now.

Being obligatory makes no difference as there can be no legal challenge until what may be alleged is proven.

Seems like the Dutch and Spanish are realising that the UK leaving will impact them, maybe if those in charge of the EU thought about the impact Brexit  would have on other EU countries and how it would affect them, then maybe they would not have been so keen to clamp down on the UK. There is also a link on the page you sent Apelike saying France are worried as they are the biggest exporters of apples to the UK.  Christiane Lambert of the FNSEA union said French wine and spirits producers would be hit hardest, as their sector had a €1.3bn (£1.1bn; $1.5bn) annual surplus in trade with the UK. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46944358 

Have to LOL at those last few posts raising negative consequences of Brexit on EU27  businesses as some sort of justifying arguments, after 2+ years of studiously ignoring same negative consequences of Brexit on UK businesses as Project Fear.

Everybody has been told loud and clear for months and longer, and by the EU27 themselves first and loudest: everybody loses with Brexit.

But the UK, significantly more than the EU27, and never less so than if it Brexits without a deal.

21 days to go. Tic-toc-tic-toc-tic-toc...

12 minutes ago, L00b said:

Have to LOL at those last few posts raising negative consequences of Brexit on EU27  businesses as some sort of justifying arguments,,,,,,,

Just pointing out it's not only the UK that will have problems, but as usual you and others will leap at the chance to say its some form of justification from leavers.

12 minutes ago, L00b said:

21 days to go. Tic-toc-tic-toc-tic-toc..

Yep and personally I can't wait!

May’s realisation that if her deal is voted down again that we may never leave. 

The talks are going well when our AG’s proposals to break the deadlock were described as “utterly insane”. 

35 minutes ago, apelike said:

Yep and personally I can't wait!

For what, exactly?

Maybe the huge cuts in regional development funding?

15 minutes ago, ads36 said:

For what, exactly?

Maybe the huge cuts in regional development funding?

Sovereignty!

That *is* a joke, right?

1 hour ago, apelike said:

Just pointing out it's not only the UK that will have problems, but as usual you and others will leap at the chance to say its some form of justification from leavers.

And as he said, NOBODY has said any different, leavers have been told from day one, before day one, we AND the other countries in the EU will be hit, but its always been classed as project fear and poo pood, so to bring it up now, to somehow try and change tact and push everything onto the EU side doesnt wash. no matter what happens to countries in the EU, we WILL be hit harder, and frankly its my country, where i live that matters.