The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

6 minutes ago, geared said:

Corbyn wants a GE to weasel his way into number 10, there's no question about that.  He is only out for himself.

This anti-Corbyn stuff is really getting to a bizarre level now!

As party leader his whole raison d'etre is to get his party into power thereby becoming Prime Minister at the same time. How come it's OK for every party leader from Robert Walpole to Teresa May to do this, but not Corbyn? 🙄

4 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

As party leader his whole raison d'etre is to get his party into power thereby becoming Prime Minister at the same time. How come it's OK for every party leader from Robert Walpole to Teresa May to do this, but not Corbyn? 🙄

Cos at every opportunity he mentions a general election. He hasn't got a hope in hell in winning one

Edited by melthebell

2 minutes ago, bendix said:

I'm not sure you speak for the people's of Europe.

I don't pretend to. 

But we all know people living in an EU member state. The general consensus of ordinary people is now that we should just Leave. Or, as I was informed today, that we should "just go".

Lets do this. 

5 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Perhaps because he should get his party into power based on their merits and competency to govern, neither of which he's really displayed.

All he's really interested in is waiting till the Torys fall apart to such an extent that no bugger would vote for them and he'd win by default.

Well, curiously, I know plenty of people living in Europe and everyone of them without exception thinks it's a massive mistake and wants us to stay.

So, nahhh, let's not.

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

Cos at every opportunity he mentions a general election. He hasn't got a hope in hell in winning one

Jeremy Corbyn will be our first pro-Brexit Prime Minister. This is where we are very much headed.

7 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I think the anger stems from the fact that this is an issue which affects generations of our country, and it's bigger than petty political games, which sadly Corbyn and his 1970s student union mentality can't break free from.

Yes, the Tories are hopeless at the moment; a Corbyn who stood above all this, did the right things for his country and acted like a statesmen would get my respect, but sadly he is a weasle, a closet Brexiteer who has sadly let his predominantly Remain party membership down.  So much for the democracy of the Labour Party.

The EU and Tony Blair along with Yvette Cooper and clan are doing the upmost to stop Brexit, Don't let the Remainder elite win, they are all hoping the Brexiteers will tire and give in.

14 minutes ago, bendix said:

Well, curiously, I know plenty of people living in Europe and everyone of them without exception thinks it's a massive mistake and wants us to stay.

So, nahhh, let's not.

I think most people living in the EU are now fed up with the chaotic antics of the British Establishment elite. They know we are no longer a fit for their bosses club, that we don't belong. They know things can never go back to how they were before the referendum, and most of them think we should "just go".

37 minutes ago, bendix said:

Yes, the Tories are hopeless at the moment; a Corbyn who stood above all this, did the right things for his country and acted like a statesmen would get my respect, but sadly he is a weasle, a closet Brexiteer who has sadly let his predominantly Remain party membership down.  So much for the democracy of the Labour Party.

I agree. I said last month after footage of him channelling Nigel Farage at a meeting in Ireland surfaced, that he could never lead an anti Brexit Labour Party and needed to be replaced.

But those claiming that his aspiration to lead his party into power is somehow illegitimate need to have a think about what democracy is.