The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

9 minutes ago, woodview said:

I think actually the process is being made as difficult as possible, to try to ensure nobody else has the same idea. They must thank their lucky stars every night for the NI border.

The process is only difficult, because there was no consensus in Parliament about what Brexit you wanted when it all started, and there still isn't now, with 17 days to go, some 3 years after the referendum.

They (the EU), I, and every other commenter with a couple grey cells to rub together, had been telling you (=pro-Leavers) about the NI/RoI problem in a Brexiting context, and had been requesting your input about how to solve it, since the referendum was announced, never mind run.

No lucky stars to thank whatsoever, just part and parcel of everything else we long predicted (with our "crystal balls" at the time, no less) and wholly unresolved since (as also predicted).

Edited by L00b

If May does get forced out as a result of her Brexit failure,it will be interesting to see who succeeds her.

Boris looks the man most likely,but I am sure that it is not the timing that he would have chosen.

Unfortunately I can only see that he would pursue a No Deal Brexit,not because this would be a sensible approach,but what else could he do.

Personally I think that Boris peaked with his TV success on Have I got News for you,was adequate as Lord Mayor,disastrous as Foreign Secretary and think this downward trend would continue as P.M.

Hopefully the No Deal Brexit will continue to be blocked as no one benefits.

2 minutes ago, RJRB said:

If May does get forced out as a result of her Brexit failure,it will be interesting to see who succeeds her.

Boris looks the man most likely,but I am sure that it is not the timing that he would have chosen.

Unfortunately I can only see that he would pursue a No Deal Brexit,not because this would be a sensible approach,but what else could he do.

Personally I think that Boris peaked with his TV success on Have I got News for you,was adequate as Lord Mayor,disastrous as Foreign Secretary and think this downward trend would continue as P.M.

Apparently BJ is not popular with MPs in the parliamentary Conservative Party as scheming and duplicitous

36 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Apparently BJ is not popular with MPs in the parliamentary Conservative Party as scheming and duplicitous

Theresa is just on TV, she's looking a bit green around the gills.

I wish she'd just do a Cameron, telling the ERG "over to you lads" as she exits stage right :D

I'd fancy Hunt's chances in a leadership contest.

Edited by L00b

37 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Total poisoned chalice, I mean it was when May took it on from Cameron but now even more.

39 minutes ago, L00b said:

Theresa is just on TV, she's looking a bit green around the gills.

I wish she'd just do a Cameron, telling the ERG "over to you lads" as she exits stage right :D

I'd fancy Hunt's chances in a leadership contest.

It'd be fun to have someone from the ERG as PM. Then have everyone stabbing them in the back - see how they like it!

On 10/03/2019 at 23:12, phil752 said:

You mean how rich people got richer from Labour deregulating the banks, what is new?

Er no actually while rest of Britain might be fretting about the impact of a no-deal Brexit, but leading Brexiteer Jacob Rees-Mogg is doing very nicely, thanks. An investigation by Channel 4’s Dispatches found that the Conservative MP could have earned up to £7,000,000 from Somerset Capital Managment, which invests in emerging markets such as China and Russsia. In the programme, one expert suggests that the fall in the value of the pound has helped to drive SCM’s profits – but Rees-Mogg dismissed such claims as ‘living in cloud cuckoo land’.

Dispatches also revealed how some hedge funds have built up huge bets against British business and hoping to make big profits if the economy hits the rocks after Brexit.

Dispatches reveals that the US investment firm Blackrock holds the most bets against British business totalling more than £1bn. The hedge fund run by leading Brexiteer Crispin Odey is betting almost £500m against British businesses.

Read more:  https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/11/jacob-rees-mogg-earned-7000000-investments-since-brexit-8884678/?ito=cbshare

5 hours ago, geared said:

I think we'll take the deal tonight, it's as good as it's gunna get, I'm sure the MP's will accept that.

May's been pressurising the hard Brexit camp to fall into line, if they don't vote this through they might not get anything.

Apparently a bad is IS better than no deal.

DUP and ERG are voting against it and the Labour whip is voting against it. 

The vote is lost and it is now just to predict by how much. I don’t think it will be as much as 230 again. But more than 150 and breaking 200 isn’t so far fetched. 

Roll on 7pm. 

Edited by ez8004

Lets all take a moment to sit back and remember how May threw away her Parliamentary majority and ended up in bed with the DUP.

15 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

DUP and ERG are voting against it and the Labour whip is voting against it. 

The vote is lost and it is now just to predict by how much. I don’t think it will be as much as 230 again. But more than 150 and breaking 200 isn’t so far fetched. 

Roll on 7pm. 

At least 150 for me, but sadly she's going nowhere.

But this made me laugh.

5 hours ago, woodview said:

I think actually the process is being made as difficult as possible, to try to ensure nobody else has the same idea. 

Do you really think so?

What has the EU done that would not be normally expected of them in such negotiations?

3 hours ago, Mister M said:

Er no actually while rest of Britain might be fretting about the impact of a no-deal Brexit, but leading Brexiteer Jacob Rees-Mogg is doing very nicely, thanks. An investigation by Channel 4’s Dispatches found that the Conservative MP could have earned up to £7,000,000 from Somerset Capital Managment, which invests in emerging markets such as China and Russsia. In the programme, one expert suggests that the fall in the value of the pound has helped to drive SCM’s profits – but Rees-Mogg dismissed such claims as ‘living in cloud cuckoo land’.

Dispatches also revealed how some hedge funds have built up huge bets against British business and hoping to make big profits if the economy hits the rocks after Brexit.

Dispatches reveals that the US investment firm Blackrock holds the most bets against British business totalling more than £1bn. The hedge fund run by leading Brexiteer Crispin Odey is betting almost £500m against British businesses.

Read more:  https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/11/jacob-rees-mogg-earned-7000000-investments-since-brexit-8884678/?ito=cbshare

Traitors, the lot of em