The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

15 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Surely how we function with the EU is the deal.

But that is not what Mays deal is about, its about keeping us closely tied in with the EU where the EU will still be dictating its future terms on the UK. For instance if we take the deal then VAT will still be payable to the EU and the Irish backstop will be in place, both things that we cannot unilaterally remove? under their terms.

No deal is to disregard the desirability of maintaining mutually beneficial arrangements which have been established over the last 50 years or so.

It really depends on what those mutually beneficial arrangements actually are and how tied in with the EU we would still be. 

Edited by apelike

13 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Because any deal would keep us tied to those Europeans in different ways . Only a No Deal delivers the result of the Referendum , which was LEAVE . 

You do realise you're European don't you?

20 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

You do realise you're European don't you?

Not in my eyes. Im English 

6 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

I'm a yorkshireman, south Yorkshire of course.

2 hours ago, apelike said:

When I and others voted leave there was nothing else stated on the ballot paper except remain a member or leave. It didnt say anything about accepting any deals and I assumed that the 2 years given for A50 was to work out how we would function together with the EU after we left. To leave without a deal is I think what most who voted leave wanted.

I voted to Leave. To Leave the EU and all of its institutions. That's what Leave means. Its only after the referendum result that the establishment elite self defined Leaving as remaining within the EU institutions that the problems began.

39 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

I voted to Leave. To Leave the EU and all of its institutions. That's what Leave means. Its only after the referendum result that the establishment elite self defined Leaving as remaining within the EU institutions that the problems began.

You just have to convince the many faceted Brexit camp then.

Meanwhile,and possibly into the future we on the other side will be united in our belief that leaving the EU is unwise,and leaving without a negotiated deal is stupidly contrary to the interests of the U.K.

7 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

Why have you got a Union Jack in your avatar then?

Did anyone watch Channel 4 News last night?

Alongside the criminal investigation into Aaron Banks, Channel 4 News has unearthed some really unpleasant facts about the days following Jo Cox's shocking murder.

https://www.channel4.com/news/the-banks-files-brexit-funder-urged-campaign-to-press-it-harder-after-jo-cox-murder

the video links are in the page above

Edited by Mister M

2 hours ago, Mister M said:

Alongside the criminal investigation into Aaron Banks, Channel 4 News has unearthed some really unpleasant facts about the days following Jo Cox's shocking murder.

Standard Brexiteer, I'm not at all surprised.

Prison is too good for 'em, anyone who lies to enrich themselves at the cost of the prosperity of their own nation should really be getting their necks stretched.

Edited by Magilla

14 hours ago, RJRB said:

Sorry,my comments should have been directed at Penistone .

I forgot that you had capitulated.

Accepting and respecting a democratic decision is not capitulating.

On the BBC's Politics today Mr Self sparked an angry reaction from the right-winger by claiming “every racist and anti-Semite in the country” voted for Brexit.

Mr Self said earlier on the show there were many rational reasons for leaving the EU but there said many of the key proponents of Brexit believed in an “ethnic nationalist Britain”.

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/will-self-mark-francois-brexit-row-bbc-video-racist-anti-semite/

Fellow panellist Grace Campbell later tweeted that prior to the show Self had suggested Francois had a small manhood.

https://twitter.com/GraceCampbell

Self laid an obvious trap for Francois who gleefully jumped into it.

Perhaps Francois should have listened to what Self said rather than immediately jumping to take offence as the only way you could consider what Self said "a slur on 17.4m people" was if you believed all those 17.4m people are racist or anti-Semite.