The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

18 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Ive never hid the  fact i want out , and i want a No Deal brexit. Thats not extreme .

Why do you want a no deal brexit?

24 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

It's not a surprise that a person who voted to leave the  EU wants a no deal Brexit.  At the end of the day Leave did win the democratic EU referendum.

22 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I hope that you you get a rational answer to that reasonable question.

(by the way,and I know that this may seem pedantic,but the phrase is “to change tack” not “change tact”.  It’s a nautical term.

Just now, Lockdoctor said:

It's not a surprise that a person who voted to leave the  EU wants a no deal Brexit.  At the end of the day Leave did win the democratic EU referendum.

It’s probably nearly as big a surprise to a rational Brexit voter as it is to Remainers.

So please expand your comments a little .

Did you always want to walk with no deal,or is it now a case of wishing to leave at any cost?

36 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Nope. It’s not.

Sorry to say but the simple fact is that it is the default stance unless something drastic happens in the mean time. As Loob keeps stating "21 days to go. Tic-toc-tic-toc-tic-toc..."

This is from Time:

"With just three weeks to go until March 29, when Britain is scheduled to leave the bloc, the country still has no agreement with the E.U., and is set on a default course of a “no deal” Brexit, which economists have warned would be disastrous."

15 minutes ago, RJRB said:

It’s probably nearly as big a surprise to a rational Brexit voter as it is to Remainers.

So please expand your comments a little .

Did you always want to walk with no deal,or is it now a case of wishing to leave at any cost?

I voted to remain in the EU, but unlike you I respect and accept the democratic decision made by the majority.  I don't have have a problem with a no deal Brexit.

Edited by Lockdoctor

15 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

If you don't mind I'd like a reply from the organ grinder and not one of his monkeys.

1 minute ago, Lockdoctor said:

I voted to remain in the EU, but unlike you I respect and accept the democratic decision made by the majority.  I don't have have a problem with a no deal deal Brexit.

Why did you vote to remain in the EU?

Edited by Mister Gee

2 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

If you don't mind I'd like a reply from the organ grinder and not one of his monkeys.

This is a discussion forum and any member is allowed to comment on any comments made by  any member of the forum. 

3 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

This is a discussion forum and any member is allowed to comment on any comments made by  any member of the forum. 

I know that but I'd still like to hear from the organ grinder?

When I and others voted leave there was nothing else stated on the ballot paper except remain a member or leave. It didnt say anything about accepting any deals and I assumed that the 2 years given for A50 was to work out how we would function together with the EU after we left. To leave without a deal is I think what most who voted leave wanted.

Edited by apelike

16 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I voted to remain in the EU, but unlike you I respect and accept the democratic decision made by the majority.  I don't have have a problem with a no deal Brexit.

Sorry,my comments should have been directed at Penistone .

I forgot that you had capitulated.

3 minutes ago, apelike said:

When I and others voted leave there was nothing else stated on the ballot paper except remain a member or leave. It didnt say anything about accepting any deals and I assumed that the 2 years given for A50 was to work out how we would function together with the EU after we left. To leave without a deal is I think what most who voted leave wanted.

Surely how we function with the EU is the deal.

No deal is to disregard the desirability of maintaining mutually beneficial arrangements which have been established over the last 50 years or so.

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

Because any deal would keep us tied to those Europeans in different ways . Only a No Deal delivers the result of the Referendum , which was LEAVE .