The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

13 minutes ago, ricgem2002 said:

you think thats going to happen when we leave ? this is only the start mate until we get brexit out of the way then we can go for the mps too and if its up to the leavers without the help from the remoaners then so be it.  if you ask nicely we will let you join us :hihi: 

So the fundamental output of brexit will be anarchy? Is that what you are saying?

21 minutes ago, mrplodge said:

No matter how much evidence you give a brexiteer, they will not budge from their position. They will mention the war or something else even more lame. They are delusional and evidence does not work. We will be worse off but they are not bothered in the slightest (they will be when they lose their jobs). What is their plan, they have none. You can easily counter any argument they have with evidence to the contrary but they know better than economists and business leaders, its all project fear, debate is futile. They mention WTO and can be destroyed on what they think we will get, it beggars belief their level of cognitive dissonance. It is a cultural thing in built into them and wasting our time as we are patronising or think they are stupid blah blah blah. If you tell them the grass is green with evidence  they will tell you it is blue. Fighting a losing battle it is like discussing religion. All evidence points to us worse off but the man in the street who has not studied economics knows best. Try that next time you need brain surgery, what does that surgeon know. It really is ridiculous and the whole fiasco is costing us billions and <removed> up services ahh well we made our decision.

The brainpower is astonishing LOL

Edited by nikki-red

3 hours ago, ricgem2002 said:

you think thats going to happen when we leave ? this is only the start mate until we get brexit out of the way then we can go for the mps too and if its up to the leavers without the help from the remoaners then so be it.  if you ask nicely we will let you join us :hihi: 

So you are supporting Rees-Mogg and Fox so you can get rid of them later?

This sounds revolutionary. Have you told the victims?

Edited by I1L2T3

1 hour ago, ricgem2002 said:

and these same people you think will help you if we stay in ?

what against cheap supplies from china etc where  their workers live on a crap wage with no elf and safety and you wonder why we cant compete :loopy: btw the place where i work have took on 50 employees since the referendum. the only bad bit about brexit was trump putting trade sanctions against us beacause we are in the eu 

Glad you mentioned china. Cast your mind back to 2016 when they were going to close down port Talbot steel plant, mainly because of the glut of Chinese steel on the market. "We should put tariffs in place" we all said. The EU agreed. Well, nearly all the EU. One country used their veto so their weren't any tariffs on Chinese steel and that's why the new royal navy destroyers are built with crappy Chinese steel.

Now, who do you think used that veto?

2 hours ago, ricgem2002 said:

why "go for the mps"? it's not like they have done anything

15 hours ago, ez8004 said:

You try telling that to stupid steel workers over the last 15 years. I have seen it first hand when you tell the shopfloor monkeys to change their working practices to improve product quality. 

What a dreadful way of speaking about fellow human beings.  

Your comment tells us far more about you than them. 

Edited by Lex Luthor

The government has confirmed that it has stopped trying to get a time limit on the backstop or any other dilution of it.

Mission accomplished for Theresa, that was a useful 2 weeks I think.

4 minutes ago, L00b said:

The government has confirmed that it has stopped trying to get a time limit on the backstop or any other dilution of it.

Mission accomplished for Theresa, that was a useful 2 weeks I think.

... and a post Brexit "boost" in funding that equates to less than half of what the EU spent in the UK last year :?

12 hours ago, retep said:

Complaining about the animal welfare problems of one country,  whilst supporting another with similar animal welfare problems.

You're trying to equate a business that broke the EU law and was caught, with the required lawful standards in the US.

Fail.

3 hours ago, Cyclone said:

You're trying to equate a business that broke the EU law and was caught, with the required lawful standards in the US.

Fail.

Both the EU and the USA have problems with animal welfare standards, just to make it simple for simpletons.

4 hours ago, Magilla said:

... and a post Brexit "boost" in funding that equates to less than half of what the EU spent in the UK last year :?

I thought that would be the case. I saw the headline figure and thought "That sounds good" but when it gets broken down it's next to bugger all.

Edited by tinfoilhat

21 minutes ago, retep said:

Both the EU and the USA have problems with animal welfare standards, just to make it simple for simpletons.

I find it useful to look at actual, measurable consequences of differences in standards, whether about food production or another topic.

Because it allows even simpletons to understand why these differences matter, and why people should privilege provenance, of e.g. food here, from one area over another.

17 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I thought that would be the case. I saw the headline figure and thought "That sounds good" but when it gets broken down it's next to bugger all.

Again, it's very useful to cast that £1.6bn in its proper (alternative) context:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CllrNickSmall/status/1102476445966917633

Edited by L00b