The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

1 hour ago, I1L2T3 said:

Want to tell me how they won’t be impacted if the economy is weaker? If there are fewer economic opportunities? With mass immigration of low skilled non-EUropean workers? How they won’t be impacted if our services deteriorate? What life will be like with reduced employment protections and diluted human rights? With reduced travel rights? With reduced food quality?

what makes you think the british people are going to stand for all this claptrap ? the british people have spoken and we want to leave the sooner we out the quicker we can start getting the mps into line . brexit was just the start of it lets see what happens when we out.  tick tock 26 days left and counting

Edited by ricgem2002

30% of the british people vote for something really stupid and you're too scared to have a second vote to confirm it.  That's your "british people have spoken".

1 minute ago, Cyclone said:

30% of the british people vote for something really stupid and you're too scared to have a second vote to confirm it.  That's your "british people have spoken".

You mustn't fear change.

Embrace it.

Why do you fear changing our mind on this ridiculous course of action then?

10 hours ago, apelike said:

I suppose you also buy bottled water instead of drinking chlorinated tap water every day.. :rolleyes:

Are you trying to be stupid? Do you know the difference between raw chicken and how it is processed versus water and that is made for consumption via our water supplies?

Knowing how water is processed was taught when I was primary school. What kind of an education did you receive?

42 minutes ago, ricgem2002 said:

what makes you think the british people are going to stand for all this claptrap ? the british people have spoken and we want to leave the sooner we out the quicker we can start getting the mps into line . brexit was just the start of it lets see what happens when we out.  tick tock 26 days left and counting

Because the people who you have chosen to lead you will not think twice about the consequences I listed.

They will be richer. You will be poorer. That is their plan.

31 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

You mustn't fear change.

Embrace it.

You try telling that to stupid steel workers over the last 15 years. I have seen it first hand when you tell the shopfloor monkeys to change their working practices to improve product quality. But they lie and continue doing the same. You wonder why our steel industry can’t compete. 

33 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

You mustn't fear change.

Embrace it.

Change is not always positive.

Are you saying we should embrace the negative changes Brexit will bring?

Why would or should we do that?

Hospitals in England are going to hand out pads and tampons free of charge to woman and girls if needed, and so they should. I wasn’t aware that hospitals hand out free razors to men but not sanitary protection to women, so this is the reason they are doing this.  

This was one of the reasons I voted to leave the EU, because the UK could not remove VAT on woman’s sanitary protection, the EU said no.  After a long fight with Brussels they did allow us to reduce the VAT, and after further campaigning  they have agreed to remove  VAT  altogether, but not yet, we have to wait a few more years, we must obey Brussels.  It’s disgraceful that we have to go to the EU to get their permission to do this.  

I’m not sure if hospitals can claim back VAT on these products already, but if not every  penny helps.

Last year Government said they will remove VAT on these items straight away after Brexit. 

This change is positive.

Edited by hauxwell

4 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Hospitals in England are going to hand out pads and tampons free of charge to woman and girls if needed, and so they should. I wasn’t aware that hospitals hand out free razors to men but not sanitary protection to women, so this is the reason they are doing this.  

This was one of the reasons I voted to leave the EU, because the UK could not remove VAT on woman’s sanitary protection, the EU said no.  After a long fight with Brussels they did allow us to reduce the VAT, and after further campaigning  they have agreed to remove  VAT  altogether, but not yet, we have to wait a few more years, we must obey Brussels.  It’s disgraceful that we have to go to the EU to get their permission to do this.  

I’m not sure if hospitals can claim back VAT on these products already, but if not every  penny helps.

Last year Government said they will remove VAT on these items straight away after Brexit. 

This change is positive.

You have got it wrong. What you should be asking is why the hell we as a developed nation are in a position where women and girls can’t afford sanitary products and need handouts in the first place. 

Edited by ez8004

Taxing sanitary products is a regressive and indefensible policy, however you cut it.

31 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

This was one of the reasons I voted to leave the EU, because the UK could not remove VAT on woman’s sanitary protection, the EU said no.After a long fight with Brussels they did allow us to reduce the VAT, and after further campaigning  they have agreed to remove  VAT  altogether, but not yet, we have to wait a few more years, we must obey Brussels.

A mishmash of half truths.

VAT rules are not imposed by the European Commission. They are decided on and agreed by member states.

At the first European Council summit where this was on the agenda, the member states voted to allow zero rated items.

This problem was solved months before the referendum took place.

It’s disgraceful that we have to go to the EU to get their permission to do this.  

How is it? It's no more disgraceful than having to ask any partner you have an agreement with, about changes you want to make to that agreement.

This change is positive.

It was happening regardless.

Edited by Magilla