The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

37 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

Chlorinated chicken from the US. Well, at least I can afford to not eat that rubbish. 

Let the race race to the bottom begin. Guess which demographic will be affected the most?

We are now in control, perhaps we will adopt the same high standards  ;)

It comes as no surprise,but a former aide to TM says that she sees no economic upside to Brexit,and her aim is damage limitation.

It would seem that Johnson is also seeking damage limitation to his waning political career by keeping a low profile.

We might yet get the softest of Brexits,and I hope this will be the case.

It will still be damaging to our economy,our reputation and our place on the world stage,so an even better result would be a second referendum which overturns the 2016 result.

1 hour ago, ez8004 said:

Chlorinated chicken from the US. Well, at least I can afford to not eat that rubbish. 

Let the race race to the bottom begin. Guess which demographic will be affected the most?

But are you happy to eat chlorinated fruit and veg from the EU?

1 minute ago, RJRB said:

It comes as no surprise,but a former aide to TM says that she sees no economic upside to Brexit,and her aim is damage limitation.

It would seem that Johnson is also seeking damage limitation to his waning political career by keeping a low profile.

We might yet get the softest of Brexits,and I hope this will be the case.

It will still be damaging to our economy,our reputation and our place on the world stage,so an even better result would be a second referendum which overturns the 2016 result.

I’m very much in the remain camp but I fear  a second referendum won’t sort problems out. If it’s a three question one (remain, Mays deal, no deal) the vote will be split and none of them will have a thwacking great majority needed to put this particular political dog to sleep. So the argument will just start again and again. Soft brexit or a leader with the balls to say “**** this, it’s stupid, we’re staying in!”

11 minutes ago, retep said:

But are you happy to eat chlorinated fruit and veg from the EU?

It’s not the chlorination that is the problem ,it’s the fact that it is necessary in the US due to lower standards of animal welfare and husbandry.

I am not sure that you can ill treat fruit and veg.

Also check out use of antibiotics in the US meat production,which is heavily criticised for obvious reasons by WHO.

Edited by RJRB

5 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

Unfortunately you have voted to damage your childrens’ future. There are no positives.

Do you have  irrefutable proof of this, or is it a guess.

Angel1.

9 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Do you have  irrefutable proof of this, or is it a guess.

Angel1.

I’m sure you can name some positives. 

21 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I’m sure you can name some positives. 

I’m not

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

It’s not the chlorination that is the problem ,it’s the fact that it is necessary in the US due to lower standards of animal welfare and husbandry.

I am not sure that you can ill treat fruit and veg.

Also check out use of antibiotics in the US meat production,which is heavily criticised for obvious reasons by WHO.

Going well in the EU init,

"Abuse of animals rife on farms across Europe, auditors warn"

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/nov/14/farm-animal-abuses-widespread-across-europe-warn-auditors

6 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

Unfortunately you have voted to damage your childrens’ future. There are no positives.

I voted in the referendum to damage the economic future of those children from affluent middle-class and rich backgrounds. This I certainly find positive. 

11 minutes ago, retep said:

Going well in the EU init,

"Abuse of animals rife on farms across Europe, auditors warn"

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/nov/14/farm-animal-abuses-widespread-across-europe-warn-auditors

Thanks for your research,

Report by European Court of Auditors being critical of some European practices seems more progressive than the US Ambassador telling us that we should embrace their poor practices .

2 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

I voted in the referendum to damage the economic future of those children from affluent middle-class and rich backgrounds. This I certainly find positive. 

Sadly, you voted in the referndum to damage the economic future of ALL children, irrespective of backgrouond.