The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

I never thought it would have (IF I believe what you write on here). It would affect lots of other people though. Potentially millions losing their jobs, homes, marriages and all the social breakdown that comes with it.....Still as long as 'I'm alright jack' then that's all that matters.

Edited by Mister M

58 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Caroline Flint , Labour MP has said today there is no way Labour will get enough of its own MP`s to vote for a second referendum. 

She has lost the plot and is giving in to the mob

MPs like Flint are under deliberate sustained daily pressure from knuckleheads in their constituencies, organised from the right. And also from Hard left Corbynist nutjobs.

Edited by I1L2T3

1 hour ago, I1L2T3 said:

She has lost the plot and is giving in to the mob

MPs like Flint are under deliberate sustained daily pressure from knuckleheads in their constituencies, organised from the right. And also from Hard left Corbynist nutjobs.

So the people in their constituencies who voted leave are Knuckleheads ? 

At the end of the day , these MP`s are just partaking in a self preservation exercise , because they dont want to be booted out at the next GE by constituents annoyed by them ignoring their wishes to leave the EU. 

2 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

Caroline Flint , Labour MP has said today there is no way Labour will get enough of its own MP`s to vote for a second referendum. 

T'old Steptoe has really shot himself in the foot this time.

A life long EU critic, he has now changed his mind and decided to assist in trying to stall Brexit.

How many of the 17.4M who voted leave - are Labour voters ?

What a complete balloon he is.

12 minutes ago, OPEN BORDERS said:

T'old Steptoe has really shot himself in the foot this time.

A life long EU critic, he has now changed his mind and decided to assist in trying to stall Brexit.

How many of the 17.4M who voted leave - are Labour voters ?

What a complete balloon he is.

He did what he always does. Dithers for ages to gauge public opinion and what would be most likely to get him into power, and then eventually goes with that, even if it means a contradiction of past positions. It's a new kind of politics, which is strangely very similar to the old kind.

Edited by WiseOwl182

1 hour ago, Penistone999 said:

Are you suggesting that every leave voter in Labour constiuencies with a Remain supporting MP is engaged in death threats and 'traitor' insults? 😡

9 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

At the end of the day , these MP`s are just partaking in a self preservation exercise , because they dont want to be booted out at the next GE by constituents annoyed by them ignoring their wishes to leave the EU. 

Some of their leave voting constituents I would describe that way yes. Not all of course. But there is a very active campaign to pressure those Labour MPs, some of it coordinated by the ERG.

56 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Some of their leave voting constituents I would describe that way yes. Not all of course. But there is a very active campaign to pressure those Labour MPs, some of it coordinated by the ERG.

Do you have any evidence of this?  I should imagine there is enough pressure from their constituents without the ERG feeling the need to wade in. 

30 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

Do you have any evidence of this?  I should imagine there is enough pressure from their constituents without the ERG feeling the need to wade in. 

It was mentioned on the news the other night that the ERG are targeting 50 MPs in leave voting Labour areas.

I wonder how well Labour MP's will take to being given direction from the hard right Torys ??

1 hour ago, geared said:

I wonder how well Labour MP's will take to being given direction from the hard right Torys ??

Seemingly, they've not had any problems with it for the last 2 years and a bit, in the UK's new condom democracy model.

49 minutes ago, L00b said:

Seemingly, they've not had any problems with it for the last 2 years and a bit, in the UK's new condom democracy model.

he he he.

May has just announced that MP's will get to vote on both and extension and ruling out a no deal exit (if her deal gets rejected again)

I'm quite interested to see how this pans out now, if no deal is removed completely then I feel many of the more vocal Brexit supporters might lose their voice.

Edited by geared