The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

3 minutes ago, apelike said:

They can't go for an automatic suspension of A50 as any suspension needs to be agreed on by all the members unlike revocation which only needs May to notify the EU.

They will agree it in a heartbeat

18 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Finally Corbyn grows some balls

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47363307

It's about damage limitation and politics.

2 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

They will agree it in a heartbeat

Given that it only takes one to veto I'm not so sure,especially Spain.

Edited by apelike

2 minutes ago, apelike said:

It's about damage limitation and politics.

If it was about politics they shouldve been opposition to the tories and their brexit for the past 2 years, but they havent, theyve been invisible, hanging onto their shambolic coat tails and wishing for a general election (that they wont win)

They needed to be a proper opposition to brexit, attract all the remainers (yeah theyd lose some labour leavers but.............)

no point having the 2 largest parties following the same damaging trajectory.

6 hours ago, melthebell said:

Everywhere i look its starting to look more like an extension than a no deal, Penis and his brextremist mates must be squeaking their bottoms about now :P

Not at all Mel. Its one thing some Remoaners calling for an extension ,and some foreign suits in Brussels calling for it, but it has to get through the commons, and as we know , as well as the ERG , there are many Labour MP`s who represent "Leave" constituencies who are against extending article 50 . So  getting the numbers to get it passed in the commons may be difficult. 

28 minutes ago, apelike said:

Given that it only takes one to veto I'm not so sure,especially Spain.

And given how united the EU has been over this whole business, on a scale of 1 to 10 how likely to you think it is that Spain will veto a suspension?

Ironically, the last three years have seen the EU strengthened rather than weakened, as predicted by the populist right and far right

6 hours ago, Mister M said:

Our government has kindly set up a hardship fund for those made unemployed in the event of a no deal Brexit. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6741123/Ministers-planning-hardship-fund-Britons-hardest-hit-no-deal-Brexit.html

Nice to know. Why the hell would they go through with it if it's going to cause hardship? Oh yes to please the gammons in case they go a bit red in the face & start bellyaching.

I have no worries about No Deal affecting me . 

12 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

there are many Labour MP`s who represent "Leave" constituencies who are against extending article 50 . So  getting the numbers to get it passed in the commons may be difficult. 

Really?

A Labour MP who facilitates a no deal exit will be out on their asre at the next available election. The government's own reports have said that it is leave contituencies who will be hit first and hardest by a no deal exit.

Only a handful of cranks and extremists would still support a Labour MP who did so much damage to their own constituency.

You are clutching at straws dude!

4 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Really?

A Labour MP who facilitates a no deal exit will be out on their asre at the next available election. The government's own reports have said that it is leave contituencies who will be hit first and hardest by a no deal exit.

Only a handful of cranks and extremists would still support a Labour MP who did so much damage to their own constituency.

You are clutching at straws dude!

Caroline Flint , Labour MP has said today there is no way Labour will get enough of its own MP`s to vote for a second referendum. 

2 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Caroline Flint , Labour MP has said today there is no way Labour will get enough of its own MP`s to vote for a second referendum. 

like i said they need to change tact if they wanna win something cos at the moment they are nothing, they wont win this holy grail of a GE they have been waiting for.

12 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

You seem to be confusing a vote to suspend Article 50 with a vote for a second referendum. 😉

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

You seem to be confusing a vote to suspend Article 50 with a vote for a second referendum.

its all the same to him, not an extremists vision of a no deal

14 minutes ago, melthebell said:

like i said they need to change tact if they wanna win something cos at the moment they are nothing, they wont win this holy grail of a GE they have been waiting for.

To have any chance of winning a general election, Labour needs to stand as an anti Brexit party. To do this it has to ditch Jeremy Corbyn as he could not credibly lead an anti Brexit election campaign.