The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

3 minutes ago, Shunter said:

Take it however you wish. You nor I can stop the inevitable so now it is time to listen to both sides and get a conclusion from within. 

And that's BOTH sides, not just one saying how ridiculous the other is. 

I’ve been listening to leavers and it’s mostly fallen into two camps - demanding unicorns or no deal. The EU don’t want either option, remainers don’t want either option. Any concerns are waved off by leavers as project fear.

But, if you’ve got some positives, some tangible benefits as a result of brexit, please tell me.  We’re six threads and thousands of posts of in and I still haven’t seen any.

3 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Can you substantiate your claim or not?

I say you can't, because it's nonsense and didn't happen.

Doesn't mean they're both right :hihi:

And your constant wish to argue is exactly what is happening in government right now. Personally I think the remain groups have some extremely valid points, whereas the Leave groups do also. I don't regard either as right or wrong as we can't be sure on many of the points. What I can be sure of is that I want out government and opposition parties to do the right thing for th country instead of the constant bickering that we see every day.

1 minute ago, Shunter said:

And your constant wish to argue is exactly what is happening in government right now.

So that would be a "no" then :?

I'm not arguing, I'm telling you you are hopelessly misinformed. You must be to believe any of the guff you just posted!

Personally I think the remain groups have some extremely valid points, whereas the Leave groups do also.

Cool, perhaps you could elaborate some of them since the leave groups don't seem to be able to.

I don't regard either as right or wrong as we can't be sure on many of the points.

You certainly can't be sure if you can't even be bothered to check basic facts and information :?

What I can be sure of is that I want out government and opposition parties to do the right thing for th country instead of the constant bickering that we see every day.

... and that is?

2 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I’ve been listening to leavers and it’s mostly fallen into two camps - demanding unicorns or no deal. The EU don’t want either option, remainers don’t want either option. Any concerns are waved off by leavers as project fear.

But, if you’ve got some positives, some tangible benefits as a result of brexit, please tell me.  We’re six threads and thousands of posts of in and I still haven’t seen any.

I would love to give a million tangible reasons for leaving but as it's a completely new entity this cannot be done. The way it stands is that we are heading into the unknown which could be catastrophic or could be not as bad as first thought. We just do not know. I agree there are thousands of posts, mostly arguing but nothing cast in stone as to how bad or good it may get. To be fair if the government thought that Brexit would close down the country as is allegedly forecast, then om

pretty sure a higher peer would have it stopped in its tracks. That hasn't happened which says our greatest and most important people of our country aren't as concerned as we may think. Yes, they are honouring the vote result, but would this be honoured so easily if there really was this massive risk that nobody can actually confirm?

2 minutes ago, Magilla said:

So that would be a "no" then :?

I'm not arguing, I'm telling you you are hopelessly misinformed. You must be to believe any of the guff you just posted!

Cool, perhaps you could elaborate some of them since the leave groups don't seem to be able to.

You certainly can't be sure if you can't even be bothered to check basic facts and information :?

... and that is?

As I said earlier, you just wish to argue, where I don't. You crack on and enjoy because it's portraying you to be as pathetic as our politician are acting.

5 minutes ago, Shunter said:

As I said earlier, you just wish to argue, where I don't.

No indeed, you just like making statements that are basically, lies! :?

5 minutes ago, Shunter said:

You crack on and enjoy because it's portraying you to be as pathetic as our politician are acting.

Weird how it's always the people who's posts show they got taken for a fool who keep saying that :hihi:

1 minute ago, Magilla said:

No indeed, you just like making statements that are basically, lies! :?

Weird how it's always the people who's posts show they got taken for a fool who keep saying that :hihi:

Or is it a last word thing?

yep, that must be it.

41 minutes ago, Shunter said:

our greatest and most important people of our country aren't as concerned as we may think.

Did you come down in the last shower or something??

These people are very wealthy, they don't have to worry about covering next months rent or a jump in the price of basic essentials.

If it all go's belly up they'll be alrite, it's the rest of us that will cop the brunt of it.

57 minutes ago, Shunter said:

I would love to give a million tangible reasons for leaving but as it's a completely new entity this cannot be done. The way it stands is that we are heading into the unknown which could be catastrophic or could be not as bad as first thought. We just do not know. I agree there are thousands of posts, mostly arguing but nothing cast in stone as to how bad or good it may get. To be fair if the government thought that Brexit would close down the country as is allegedly forecast, then om

pretty sure a higher peer would have it stopped in its tracks. That hasn't happened which says our greatest and most important people of our country aren't as concerned as we may think. Yes, they are honouring the vote result, but would this be honoured so easily if there really was this massive risk that nobody can actually confirm?

As I said earlier, you just wish to argue, where I don't. You crack on and enjoy because it's portraying you to be as pathetic as our politician are acting.

Heading into the unknown is what leads to business uncertainty which then translates to stalled or cancelled investment, and job losses.

This is completely avoidable

11 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Heading into the unknown is what leads to business uncertainty which then translates to stalled or cancelled investment, and job losses.

And yet businesses start off by heading into the unknown, and like them its a maybe situation.

Just now, apelike said:

And yet businesses start off by heading into the unknown, and like them its a maybe situation.

So already long established businesses and massive international corporations need to start again to deal with a country that lost the plot?

Genius idea

Breaking news: It doesn’t work like that. They stop investing or they leave. They could collapse entirely.

Next time you’re at the CBI tell them about this fantastic idea you’ve had.

1 hour ago, Shunter said:

I'm not asking for a million, I'm asking for one. A benefit, not a "we'll be alright in 50 years" not "we can get through it" not "we'll despite brexit...." a benefit. One.

I'm not having a pop, several have tried, all have failed (many haven't tried, just tossed out "sovereignty," "project fear" and, my favourite "we don't know what's going to happen" as if that's a remotely sensible way to run a supposedly powerful country and would-be reliable trading partner.)

13 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Next time you’re at the CBI tell them about this fantastic idea you’ve had.

I dont recall it being an idea of mine. I said businesses start off by heading into the unknown and that is a well established fact.  You really love twisting posts dont you!