The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

Just now, Litotes said:

What about the boss of the country - Mrs May?

Ironic this weekend when she asked her mps to "move beyond what divides us" and yet she wasn't willing to compromise on her 'red lines' - lines which she alone has set, not her party, the country or anyone else.

But no, "this lady's not for turning" - not even as she drives the country to a cliff edge!

Suicide, not compromise!!!

May looks to me like somebody having a slow motion mental breakdown in full public view

She is behaving completely irrationally 

Just now, Mister M said:

Why?

The EU bosses project has always been about protecting profits for big business. The EU has imposed mass unemployment and poverty on millions of people to protect those profits. Along with the World Bank and the IMF it is a force for implementing neoliberal policy. Cuts, low wages and austerity for the many, obscene profits for the few.

The bosses love the EU. It was created for their benefit. 

We should blame the bosses AND Brussels.

Just now, Car Boot said:

The EU bosses project has always been about protecting profits for big business. The EU has imposed mass unemployment and poverty on millions of people to protect those profits. Along with the World Bank and the IMF it is a force for implementing neoliberal policy. Cuts, low wages and austerity for the many, obscene profits for the few.

Well 3500 workers won't have any bosses soon because they won't have skilled and well paid jobs.

Great stuff, right?

1 minute ago, Car Boot said:

Ignore my question re. Honda at your peril. Another question - do Rees Mogg, BoJo, Govey and co stand to profit from Brexit?

16 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

May looks to me like somebody having a slow motion mental breakdown in full public view

She is behaving completely irrationally 

She can't be sacked, nobody else wants the job yets she ultimately has to resign it before the next election so as a career politician what is motivating her?

She is just biding time in a job which has never been so important since WW2.

No good will come of it, which is why Parliament needs to grab the reigns and steer us out of this mess!

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

, which is why Parliament needs to grab the reigns and steer us out of this mess!

How?

10 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

She can't be sacked, nobody else wants the job yets she ultimately has to resign it before the next election so as a career politician what is motivating her?

She is just biding time in a job which has never been so important since WW2.

No good will come of it, which is why Parliament needs to grab the reigns and steer us out of this mess!

I would've thought that Jacob Rees Mogg, Liam Fox, David Davis, Boris Johnson and the other Brexiteers would've had some idea since they campaigned so hard to leave the EU. No, of course not.

Though I bet they've thought how they can do very well out of it. Which is the most important thing, obviously.

6 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

How?

1. Vote down Teresa May's unrenegotiated deal. 

2. Pass a Bill to suspend/delay/revoke Article 50.

3. a) Declare Brexit a failed experiment.

b) Pass legislation to allow another referendum on the matter.

Personally I prefer 1, 2 and 3a as the quickest way to ensure a return to some form of normality although I understand that many people feel another vote would make Leave supporters feel less cheated.

7 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Personally I prefer 1, 2 and 3a as the quickest way to ensure a return to some form of normality although I understand that many people feel another vote would make Leave supporters feel less cheated.

Option 2 was defeated in the commons last week when the SNP put it forward as an amendment . 

Just now, Penistone999 said:

Option 2 was defeated in the commons last week when the SNP put it forward as an amendment . 

It just needs a private members bill

13 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

3a could never happen. It would have to be 3b, but I still feel Brexit could win again. I don't see a way out.

We have already seen that the lily (sp?) livered MPs who value their seats over their country will vote like turkeys and keep their jobs but commit the country to decades of recession and penury.

I hope it won't, but expect it will, go through as a Mrs May Special - bribery and corruption to all and victory to she "who must be shamed".