The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

57 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

In that case, maybe you could show just one post of the tens of thousands already posted here, which paints the EU as a holy grail.

Why don't you quote all the posters comments in full instead of just quoting part of their comments?  In my opinion you are in the top four of the most dishonest posters, who don't respect the democratic decision the UK people made on the 23rd June 2016.

Edited by Lockdoctor

7 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The mess we are in means we need growth and we need growth sooner rather than later.

We can't afford any hit to our GDP nor the threat of entering into another recession. That is where Corbyn has missed a once in a lifetime trick. The election of an anti Brexit Labour government would give both the pound and the economy such a kick that he would have a ton of liquidity to carry out most of his election promises.

McDonnell understands finance and economics. A straight swap for Labour leader and Labour can ditch this ridiculous, outdated ultraleft attitude to the EU.

It's about the uh cha-ching cha-ching, it's all about the b-bling b-bling . Mr Osborne will be proud.

😯

2 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Why don't you quote all the posters comments in full instead of just quoting part of their comments?  In my opinion you are in the top four of the most dishonest posters, who don't respect the democratic decision the UK people made on the 23rd June 2016.

I respect it, but want to overturn it in favour of the democratic decision of the previous vote which was so easily ignored by the one in 2016.

If that doesn't happen, then there is no reason why the PM shouldn't listen to the popular mandate which is to give the electorate the chance to ratify the proposed deal or to reject it.

To deny this would be advocacy of a serious right wing totalitarian regime which pays no attention to the "right to change our mind" (see my footer).

17 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Why don't you quote all the posters comments in full instead of just quoting part of their comments?  In my opinion you are in the top four of the most dishonest posters, 

Have you been smoking drugs again?

It is hard enough scrolling through pages and pages of repeated text on here without adding to it. I quote the part of the post that I am replying to. It's called good manners and good posting etiquette.

Top four dishonest posters? Really?

Tell you what. If you can post a single deliberate lie that I have ever posted on here, I shall donate £100 to Sheffield Children's Hospital. Can't say fairer than that.

Your move! 😂

1 hour ago, woodview said:

I think the point there, is that most Remain posts are very good at highlighting why UK is / will be crap on its own, and we should stay under mummy EU's wing.

You miss the fundamental point that, rather than "pushing for staying under mummy's EU wing", the Remain side consistently argues that you can't help fix what need fixing with the EU from the outside, and electing to go outside regardless makes you a family rule-taking stranger, rather than an (influential) family member.

Since none of you are even willing to countenance the basic common sense of this point, i.e. since you are impervious to logic, all we're left with, is highlighting how life in the UK will get worse post-March'19 (especially now that we 'remainers' are not crystal ball gazers anymore, but vindicated late in the day by every government agency official contingency plan and even Leavers themselves), in the vain hope of trying to get through your cognitive dissonance.

Doesn't matter if we succeed or not: at least, we'll always have the "told you so" by the supertanker load in the end, whilst you're busy blaming the EU, Barnier, Tusk, Verhofstadt, Varadkar, Merkel, Macron, German car manufacturers, immigants, Corbyn, Abbott and every last other entity, terrestrial and not that you can think of but yourselves, for not stopping you from shooting your own head off in time.

The ages-old truism applies just like it always did: you can't help people who don't want to help themselves. Hey-ho.

Edited by L00b

Just now, L00b said:

You miss the fundamental point that, rather than "pushing for staying under mummy's EU wing", you can't help fix what need fixing with the EU from the outside, and electing to go outside regardless makes you a family rule-taking stranger, rather than an (influential) family member.

Since none of you are even willing to countenance the basic common sense of this point, i.e. since you are impervious to logic, all we're left with, is highlighting how life in the UK will get worse post-March'19 (especially now that we 'remainers' are not crystal ball gazers anymore, but vindicated late in the day by every government agency official contingency plan and even Leavers themselves), in the vain hope to try and get through your cognitive dissonance.

Doesn't matter if we succeed or not: at least, we'll always have the "told you so" by the supertanker load in the end, whilst you're busy blaming the EU, Barnier, Tusk, Verhofstadt, Varadkar, Merkel, Macron, German car manufacturers, immigants, Corbyn, Abbott and every last other entity, terrestrial and not that you can think of but yourselves, for not stopping you shooting your own head off.

The 'none of you' is a bit of a prejudicial sweeping statement, isn't it??

I would have been more than willing to look at staying. Before the referendum, Cameron tried and came back with half a packet of crisps and a subscription to Jelly of the Month Club. He tried to sell it, showing just what could be achieved from the inside.

Also, if fixing things from the inside was a possibility, wouldn't our President have mentioned it as an alternative to leaving? At the moment it looks very much like a 'do as you're told' type situation. That relationship isn't going to garner much support with anyone with an ounce of self esteem and respect.

Sure, Leavers may be not all in harmony with each other. Sorry that 51% of the electorate aren' all of an exact mindset, even within a political party  that situation doesn't exist.

I personally, would have gone for Remaining if things were likely to be changed for the better. Unfortunately it wasn't to be. Plus once the surface is scratched, there seem to be many who revert to the vitriolic language you slip into, which is worrying, and actually cements the ideas that leaving would be best.

During these Brexit negotiations with the EU.

Should may have consulted Farage ?

Offered him a role in the negotiations ?

Has she not missed a trick by involving him ? - I think so in this case.

If it was not for Farage and UKIP, this referendum / Brexit outcome would have never happened.

He's had the measure of the EU agenda for years, he knows how Brussels operates.

Did he deserve a role in the negotiations ?

After all, he couldn't have done much worse could he ?

4 minutes ago, woodview said:

anyone with an ounce of self esteem and respect.

Sure, Leavers may be not all in harmony with each other. Sorry that 51% of the electorate aren' all of an exact mindset,

First of all it is 36.7% of the electorate, not 51%, and on the question of self esteem and respect, would you say that our esteem on the world stage has gone up or gone down since 2016?

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

First of all it is 36.7% of the electorate, not 51%, and on the question of self esteem and respect, would you say that our esteem on the world stage has gone up or gone down since 2016?

yeah yeah, remain won on your maths, you've said every other post. You forgot to mention it was non-binding though this time.

Mine is the same, which is high.

I still have little faith in politicians of any persuasion here or or in the EU.

21 minutes ago, woodview said:

The 'none of you' is a bit of a prejudicial sweeping statement, isn't it??

I'm reciprocating, for a change. Banging one's head against the brick wall of Leaver ignorance gets tiring every now and then. That's not a personal dig btw, I'm also generalising here.

I would have been more than willing to look at staying. Before the referendum, Cameron tried and came back with half a packet of crisps and a subscription to Jelly of the Month Club. He tried to sell it, showing just what could be achieved from the inside.

Cameron got just about everything he asked for. And it was a lot, considering the extent of à la carte membership the UK was already enjoying at the time.

Cameron had secured all that was needed to create a durable, two-sided EU with a non-integrating corpus headed by the UK (that would have been joined by the Netherlands, Sweden and other 'northerns').

But your media indeed misrepresented it as 'a packet of crisps' (without the extra subscription) to the great EU-illiterate unwashed, so that was easy pickings for the Tory ultras. Whence the referendum.

Also, if fixing things from the inside was a possibility, wouldn't our President have mentioned it as an alternative to leaving? At the moment it looks very much like a 'do as you're told' type situation. That relationship isn't going to garner much support with anyone with an ounce of self esteem and respect.

Sure, Leavers may be not all in harmony with each other. Sorry that 51% of the electorate aren' all of an exact mindset, even within a political party  that situation doesn't exist.

I personally, would have gone for Remaining if things were likely to be changed for the better. Unfortunately it wasn't to be. Plus once the surface is scratched, there seem to be many who revert to the vitriolic language you slip into, which is worrying, and actually cements the ideas that leaving would be best.

Glad to see you reverting to the stereotype there, blaming others for your decision ex post facto.

Is my vitriol worrying you? Awww. Leave posters were put on notice on 24 June 2016: Schadenfreude by the bucketload. I'm still dishing, and looking forward to the after-Brexit.

12 minutes ago, OPEN BORDERS said:

If it was not for Farage and UKIP, this referendum / Brexit outcome would have never happened.

He's had the measure of the EU agenda for years, he knows how Brussels operates.

Did he deserve a role in the negotiations ?

After all, he couldn't have done much worse could he ?

His expertise may well explain why the registered office of his new party, The Brexit Party, is a bed & breakfast in Norwich :lol:

Edited by L00b

4 minutes ago, L00b said:

Cameron got just about everything he asked for. And it was a lot, considering the extent of à la carte membership the UK was already enjoying at the time.

Cameron had secured all that was needed to create a durable, two-sided EU with a non-integrating corpus headed by the UK (that would have been joined by the Netherlands, Sweden and other 'northerns'). But your media indeed misrepresented it as 'a packet of crisps' (without the extea subscription) to the great EU-illiterate unwashed, so that was easy pickungs for the Tory ultras. 

What did Cameron get offers of that we were mis-sold?

7 minutes ago, OPEN BORDERS said:

Sorry, who would he be representing apart from himself? 

Surely one of the problems Teresa May has had was spending too much time listening to the cranks and crackpots from the right of her own party without listening to one from outside her party?

As I have said many, many times on here before, the outcome of the negotiations is determined by global economic realities and the the idea that we could get a better deal by shouting a bit louder at Barnier, Tusk and Verhofstadt is nonsense. The EU has all the best cards in its hand and we have a hand of rubbish cards. Yes, we can try to play a blind hand but given that the EU is never going to fold, our cards are always going to be seen eventually.

Once we had triggered Article 50 we were only ever going to get crumbs off the table. With Farage involved we may not even have got those.