The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

Opinions can of course conflict.  But if you say that in your opinion the moon is made of cheese, then you are objectively wrong.  (For example).  Opinions can be objective or subjective and objective opinions can definitely be wrong.

5 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Can anyone name one major corporation who are choosing to invest here because of brexit. There must be loads right?

I have Googled it, but I think Google are on the remainers side because they don't want to upset the Government, nothing found  ;)

4 minutes ago, woodview said:

Do you mean that it doesn't have any relevance in their decision to build the car in Japan?

It probably does, the motor section is quite a large proportion of manufacturing.

3 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Opinions can of course conflict.  But if you say that in your opinion the moon is made of cheese, then you are objectively wrong.  (For example).  Opinions can be objective or subjective and objective opinions can definitely be wrong.

Not everyone believes that man landed on the moon  ;)

2 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Ok, if you want to copy and paste any posts where I have lied with the intention of deceiving , that would be a good backup for your assertion.

If you can't, maybe think before you type.

18 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

And they also specifically mentioned the impact of brexit.

Yes of course they mentioned Brexit because they don't want the UK to leave the EU.  Nissan just like all car manufactures, who have factories in the EU don't want the UK to leave the EU.  Nissan are hoping the decision the democratic UK people made to leave the EU will be overturned.  

The Nissan factory was built in Sunderland over 30 years ago when the EU wasn't  as large and didn't have Eastern European members such as Slovakia  which has cheap labour.  

One of the cabinet's chief Brexiteers, Liam Fox has let the cat out of the bag. 

He said that Britain under a no deal Brexit would be survivable.

https://news.sky.com/story/leaving-eu-without-a-deal-is-survivable-liam-fox-11627019?fbclid=IwAR2baW4OhMBkeTB5EzTOjKg-kDjM6OVKUa_r3GhVQS0ijDwa07LdP34qFXo

Hmm. Why wasn't this on the side of a bus before the Brexit vote I wonder?

20 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Yes of course they mentioned Brexit because they don't want the UK to leave the EU.  Nissan just like all car manufactures, who have factories in the EU don't want the UK to leave the EU.  Nissan are hoping the decision the democratic UK people made to leave the EU will be overturned.  

The Nissan factory was built in Sunderland over 30 years ago when the EU wasn't  as large and didn't have Eastern European members such as Slovakia  which has cheap labour.  

Of course they want us to stay in the EU but if we crash out, they'll leave, leaving the democratic voting car workers who democratically voted leave, democratically out of work and their democratic area returned to the post industrial wasteland like it was 30 years ago. 

50 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Of course they want us to stay in the EU but if we crash out, they'll leave, leaving the democratic voting car workers who democratically voted leave, democratically out of work and their democratic area returned to the post industrial wasteland like it was 30 years ago. 

Can't wait to see the people of Sunderland cry over the future job losses.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

STOP wriggling, you look such an arse, you and other brextremists need to look at whats happening, stop with the fingers in ears and shrugging of shoulders and admit, its gonna be far worse than we had.

Edited by melthebell

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

LOL more sillyness from a brextremist

i love these videos

Leavers changing their minds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9rv3Wqh4lQ

I quite like LBC, but glad I don't work on his shifts. I don't know how you can listen to him. I don't think I've ever heard him let someone finish a sentence (normally not even 3 words)

Dreadful presenter. I bit like Paxman style, but way more annoying.

Edited by *_ash_*

1 minute ago, *_ash_* said:

I quite like LBC, but glad I don't work on his shifts. I don't know how you can listen to him. I don't think I've ever heard him let someone finish a sentence (normally not even 3 words)

Dreadful presenter.

funny as hell, clever, and correct. the reason they cant finish is a sentence because they argue like 5 year olds

its idiots phoning up with NO facts, just the usual soundbites and crap

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

But brexit was specifically mentioned, part of the reason why they're not investing.

Here's an easy one for leavers. Only weeks away from leaving one way or another, and over 2 years since the referendum. Can anyone name one major corporation who are choosing to invest here because of brexit. There must be loads right?

https://news.sky.com/story/goldman-sachs-commits-to-uk-despite-brexit-fears-with-1-2bn-deal-11479456

https://fintech.global/despite-brexit-uncertainty-the-uk-fintech-industry-is-still-attractive-to-investors/

https://www.fusethree.co.uk/sme/london-continues-to-attract-the-highest-amount-of-investment-despite-brexit/