The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

10 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

I think that is paranoid xenophobic claptrap. 

Its 80 years since WW2 started.

If only someone had set up an organisation dedicated to preserving peace in Europe after that war... like a union of members, to share resources...... nah, probably wouldn't work :?

Edited by Magilla

44 minutes ago, OPEN BORDERS said:

All you remainers happy with the news today that the EU are furthering their plans for the EU Army ?

As I have said many times before the EU is a very dangerous organisation, getting way too big for its boots.

We joined as a 'Common Market' - to assist with trade etc.

Now we have a flag, a currency, an anthem, OPEN BORDERS and now an Army - what could possibly go wrong ?

Each passing year its more Europe, problems in a country = more Europe.

Lets get out whilst we can.

You are of course aware that the EU already has and had agreements in place that mean that if any foreign power attacks one of its members, it will retaliate collaboratively?

No? Not heard of NATO?

The only reason the EU is moving towards an EU army is because increasingly nations are aware that collaborating on this front will lead to efficiencies of scale. A bit like the UK signing a treaty with France to work towards a joint army/navy/air force - a treaty that will survive Brexit by the way.

8 minutes ago, OPEN BORDERS said:

So, we don't have OPEN BORDERS. 

Everywhere I go I see foreign people ? That's just in Sheffield !

How did these people get here. Foreign languages are common place on public transport etc, I assume by the language they speak, the are not British.

How did the Roma get here ? The Poles, The Romanians ?

Oh no! Foreign people! IN SHEFFIELD!

Not Roma, Poles, Romanians! Terrible!!! I can stay though right? I am Dutch after all?

Fortunately before the EU there were no Caribbeans, Pakistanis, Indians, Chinese, Americans, Australians etc. etc. etc. in Sheffield. So closing the borders will stop all of this instantly, correct?

Racist.

9 minutes ago, OPEN BORDERS said:

How did these people get here. Foreign languages are common place on public transport etc, I assume by the language they speak, the are not British.

Countries wanting to leave

Failed currency

So you have a problem with east Europeans. You think the Germans are going to destroy us by building a new army 

You know what you need to do?

Chill out

18 minutes ago, OPEN BORDERS said:

Countries wanting to leave

Failed currency

They may have got leave to remain, they may be asylum seekers, they may be studying here, working here. What's the problem with that? I welcome a Britain that is diverse. Broadly, it enriches our society and gives us a different perspective on the world. 

Many are employed in the care industry which I also have spent my adult life working in. Unfortunately many of  the indigenous population think is beneath them, some of whom complain about foreign muck while reading their Sun newspaper.

Edited by Mister M

Just caught the news about James sunny uplands arch-Brexiteer Dyson moving his UK HQ to Singapore in the coming weeks or months, citing "future-proofing reasons"...

...I'm sure Singapore's ultra-low corporate tax and very recent FTA with the EU had nothing to do with these "future-proofing" plans :twisted:

I mean, why move? After all, the plan for the Brexited UK by like-minded Brexit-pushing captains of industry is to become the european Singapore, right?

And then ardent Leavers are scathing about Remainers for not getting behind Brexit! :lol:

Edited by L00b

2 minutes ago, L00b said:

LOL! Just caught the news about James sunny uplands arch-Brexiteer Dyson moving his UK HQ to Singapore in the coming weeks, citing "future-proofing reasons"...

...I'm sure Singapore's ultra-low corporate tax and very recent FTA with the EU had nothing to do with these "future-proofing" plans :twisted:

Hahahahahaha! :lol:

And he makes bloody awful vacuum cleaners.

Looking at his appliances at the dump he is contributing greatly to multi coloured plastic waste.

43 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

That's your argument, really? You know those wars were over 70 years ago, fought over reasons long since gone, by countries unrecognizable from where they are now.

I've forgiven them, you should too.

Bizarre.

You're not familiar with the rise of the far right in modern Germany then? 

4 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

Do you think the far right have greater influence here or in Germany?

12 minutes ago, Mister M said:

They may have got leave to remain, they may be asylum seekers, they may be studying here, working here. What's the problem with that? I welcome a Britain that is diverse. Broadly, it enriches our society and gives us a different perspective on the world. 

Many are employed in the care industry which I also have spent my adult life working in. Unfortunately many of  the indigenous population think is beneath them, some of whom complain about foreign muck while reading their Sun newspaper.

Here we go, simplistic, sloppy, unfounded generalisations.  Reminds me of Anna Soulbury 

4 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

Looking at some of the Nationalistic xenophobic rubbish on here we have a similar problem

Just now, Lex Luthor said:

Here we go, simplistic, sloppy, unfounded generalisations.  Reminds me of Anna Soulbury 

I think Mister M’s comments were a lot more reasoned than your response,which really says .....nothing.

15 minutes ago, L00b said:

Just caught the news about James sunny uplands arch-Brexiteer Dyson moving his UK HQ to Singapore in the coming weeks or months, citing "future-proofing reasons"...

I mean, why move? After all, the plan for the Brexited UK by like-minded Brexit-pushing captains of industry is to become the european Singapore, right?

And then ardent Leavers are scathing about Remainers for not getting behind Brexit! :lol:

I thought he'd made it clear that it is to do with his focus on the new Dyson car which has been working with Singapore technologies for a while.