The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

15 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Dyson to move company HQ to Singapore:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/jan/22/dyson-to-move-company-hq-to-singapore

... nothing to do with Brexit, apparently.. though not exactly a ringing endorsement for post-Brexit UK :?

Hang on isn't James Dyson an ardent Brexiteer?

So in discussions today the following possibility came up...

Mrs Mayhem kick the can down the road so far that the cliff edge is looming.

At that point, she withdraws A40 saying that she is doing so so she can go back to the EU without a timelimit to negotiate exit under A50.

What this means is that with that stated intention, the Leavers can't complain as Brexit will still be on the table, but the remainers will be happier as the cliff won't be jumped off...

15 minutes ago, CaptainSwing said:

A referendum in which it isn't compulsory to vote is just an opinion poll, and a highly biased one at that, given the self-selection of the participants.  If anything, the pre-referendum opinion polls gave a more accurate representation of the Wille des Volkes than did the referendum itself :)

That’s an interesting point. The people that were really riled up about the EU are the ones that got themselves to the polling stations. Remainers who thought that remain would never lose didn’t attend?

Only thing is that it was quite a high turnout by normal standards.

37 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Hang on isn't James Dyson an ardent Brexiteer?

He’s getting out while he can

Before the rack is re-commissioned to deal with traitors

42 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Last time I checked Singapore wasn't in the EU. 

Well, neither will the UK... in 3 months time.

42 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

What's Dyson's excuse for moving?  2% saving in tax rate each year perhaps.

Apparently not. "Future proofing".. whatever that means... either way, it's not Brexit Britain :?

Of course Singapore already has a comprehensive FTA with the EU, something the UK doesn't:

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/singapore-eu-sign-landmark-free-trade-partnership-agreements

In other news, Sony is following Panasonic and moving it's HQ from Britain to the Netherlands:

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2019/01/22/brexit-sony-moves-from-britain-to-the-netherlands/

and

P&O is moving their flag to Cyprus:

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-p-o/britains-po-re-flagging-its-uk-ships-to-cyprus-ahead-of-brexit-idUKKCN1PG1KA

When asked on Tuesday if P&O could provide space on ships if needed by the government, the company declined to comment.

.. that would be a "no" then :?

That's a lot of corporate profits being lost from the UK treasury...

Another idol of the right finally shows his true colours. 

This advert for Brexit has already sacked ALL of his UK production workers - which must have cost him a fortune as they were protected by European Law.

Now his Head Office staff in the UK will soon be sacked for far less, as they will only be  protected by the much weaker English Law post Brexit.

How long before the British workforce cotton on to the reason why their is so much support for Brexit amongst Entrepreneurs?

When many a company are shifting abroad and people will be losing their jobs, I think everyone should pause and take comfort from one of Britain's leading actors, Sir Michael Caine; who himself was born into poverty, and railed against the establishment at every opportunity.

He recently opined that it is:

Better to be poor outside the EU than rich in it.to

be

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/sir-michael-caine-on-brexit-better-to-be-poor-outside-the-eu-than-rich-in-it-a3965141.html

Thanks Sir Michael, I'm sure that will be some comfort to all the poor sods on the scrapheap. :thumbsup:

Edited by Mister M

5 minutes ago, Mister M said:

When many a company are shifting abroad and people will be losing their jobs, I think everyone should pause and take comfort from one of Britain's leading actors, Sir Michael Caine; who himself was born into poverty, and railed against the establishment at every opportunity.

He recently opined that it is:

Better to be poor outside the EU than rich in it.to

be

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/sir-michael-caine-on-brexit-better-to-be-poor-outside-the-eu-than-rich-in-it-a3965141.html

Thanks Sir Michael, I'm sure that will be some comfort to all the poor sods on the scrapheap. :thumbsup:

Easy to say if you’re minted, which incidentally all the right wing Brexit leaders are.

It’s like the Lord of the manor telling all the estate workers they would be happier with worse conditions, worse pay and worse food, all all the estate workers lapping it up and threatening to become violent if they don’t get their full downgrade.

This is madness

All you remainers happy with the news today that the EU are furthering their plans for the EU Army ?

As I have said many times before the EU is a very dangerous organisation, getting way too big for its boots.

We joined as a 'Common Market' - to assist with trade etc.

Now we have a flag, a currency, an anthem, OPEN BORDERS and now an Army - what could possibly go wrong ?

Each passing year its more Europe, problems in a country = more Europe.

Lets get out whilst we can.

1 hour ago, Lex Luthor said:

Wrong on all three counts. 

Cracking response. Why bother?

8 minutes ago, OPEN BORDERS said:

All you remainers happy with the news today that the EU are furthering their plans for the EU Army ?

As I have said many times before the EU is a very dangerous organisation, getting way too big for its boots.

Now we have a flag, a currency, an anthem, OPEN BORDERS and now an Army - what could possibly go wrong ?

WE dont have an EU currency ;) WE used our sovereign right and said no, along with a few other things, BUT we arent sovereign are we?

9 minutes ago, OPEN BORDERS said:

No I’m not bothered.

Why are you bothered?

Just now, melthebell said:

WE dont have an EU currency ;) WE used our sovereign right and said no, along with a few other things, BUT we arent sovereign are we?

You happy with an EU Army then Mel I assume ?