The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

17 minutes ago, L00b said:

No deal Brexit by accident is still the prediction here.

If that were the case, the markets would have reacted negatively.

The fact that the markets rose slightly is a sign that they believe no Brexit is the most likely scenario now.

11 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Really?

It is called maths. Why do you think that Brextremists are so scared of a second referendum?

I'm voted to remain but I'm totally against a second referendum.

5 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

If that were the case, the markets would have reacted negatively.

The fact that the markets rose slightly is a sign that they believe no Brexit is the most likely scenario now.

No its not. In any case I think you are trying to convince the wrong person. ;)

2 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

I'm voted to remain but I'm totally against a second referendum.

As are the current majority of MP's and Lords.

Edited by apelike

2 minutes ago, apelike said:

No its not. In any case I think you are trying to convince the wrong person.

I'm not trying to convince anyone.

Two and a half years ago I said that leaving the EU in the early 21st Century was a dangerous, unworkable nonsense.

Two and a half years later I am being proved right.

Look got to be honest it gets more confusing as time goes on ,what I don’t understand 

is  the people have voted to leave that’s it , all you keep hearing is we need another vote ,politicians keep saying this will happen people are going  to lose jobs ,this n that will happen but in all no one knows! They never say people will lose jobs because of ,,,,,

simply because they don’t know wow

It's a bit OT, but jacklev1, you must be the longest serving forum member with a join date of 1970!

A question for the Brextremists who think that a no deal is nothing to be worried about.

To keep moving goods into and out of Europe, an ECMT permit needs to be obtained by all hauliers by Friday. 

980 permits are up for grabs for 38,000 trucks. How on earth do you think that that is going to work?

This is not project fear. It is reality! 😡

28 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I'm not trying to convince anyone.

Two and a half years ago I said that leaving the EU in the early 21st Century was a dangerous, unworkable nonsense.

Two and a half years later I am being proved right.

Can you quote the post please? :)

I think the Queen should definitely dissolve parliament, triggering a general election. I'm sure she's this close anyway.

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

What post?

Your prediction. Did you write it down in here or online to show us?

I don't doubt it was your prediction, but you posting that you're being proved right in things, is just personal hearsay otherwise. You'd never accept this as evidence to anyone else's posts.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Do we really have to do this again?

I can't be asred to go looking for the exact figures again but something like 1.5 million 'old people' have died since June 2016. Since 2016 something like 1.75 million 16-18 year olds have now become eligible to vote. As 75% of over 70 year old support Leave and 85% of 18-25 year olds support Remain that means that Remain will have 1.5 million more supporters in 2019 and Leave will have 1,125,000 less voters. That means rather than Leave gaining a majority of 1.3 million votes as in 2016, Remain will gain a majority of 1.2 million votes which basically reverses the 2016 result. 

Hence my statement that Leave will need a swing of 3-4% just to gain parity with Remain, never mind win. On top of that, every month which passes adds 70,000 to the Remain total.

The reason Brexiters are desperate to avoid a second referendum is that they know it can't be won.

That's not a "swing" though. A "swing" by definition is a change from the last result. Not a change based on demographics and polls of how samples of people say they voted. You can't swing from a non-existent result. To get the exact same result as last time is a 0% swing.

27 minutes ago, Phanerothyme said:

It's a bit OT, but jacklev1, you must be the longest serving forum member with a join date of 1970!

Mine says the same thing. Quite a trick to not only time travel, but invent the internet before it was invented too.