The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

5 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I still don't see it. Even if we did, I don't see a second referendum sorting out the problem definitively.

No. I'd expect the Gov to win the no-confidence vote.

Election would gain nothing anyway.

I agree, what fair question can be put on the referndum paper anyway?

3 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I still don't see it. Even if we did, I don't see a second referendum sorting out the problem definitively.

It wont sort it out definitively but it will give us a way forward which will stop real damage to the UK.

The divisions highlighted by the referendum have always been there and will be, perhaps for a generation, but at least they can now be discussed from a position of economic stability!

4 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It wont sort it out definitively but it will give us a way forward which will stop real damage to the UK.

The divisions highlighted by the referendum have always been there and will be, perhaps for a generation, but at least they can now be discussed from a position of economic stability!

But it would only be advisory, so the government could still push ahead with Brexit, yes?

13 minutes ago, woodview said:

No. I'd expect the Gov to win the no-confidence vote.

Election would gain nothing anyway.

I agree, what fair question can be put on the referndum paper anyway?

DUP have confirmed they are supporting the Government.  No General Election.

26 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Holy Schmoly, in December the pundits were talking about a defeat between 70 and 100 would leave open the possibility of coming back for a second go! Anything over 100 would kill her deal off and anything over 150 would mean May was toast!

One thing she got right was that it was either her deal or no Brexit.

Good news for the people of the UK tonight! 🙂

Default legal position is the UK leave the EU on 29th March without deal.

Article 50 extension for 2nd ref which will keep us in?

Spoiler

Two things

Im glad May`s "surrender" deal was blown out of the water because it wasnt a Leave deal , it didnt cut ALL ties with those people. Her deal kept us in bed with the clowns in Europe. 

Secondly , im glad Communist Corbin called a no confidence vote , because May will lose it and be forced to resign , she should never have been PM because she is a remainer . We must now install a staunch Brexiteer as the next Prime Minister. 

13 minutes ago, woodview said:

But it would only be advisory, so the government could still push ahead with Brexit, yes?

No, they won't make that mistake again.

I assume that a second referendum bill would include a margin to would make it mandatory.

46 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

DUP have confirmed they are supporting the Government.  No General Election.

Default legal position is the UK leave the EU on 29th March without deal.

Keep your head in the sand.  It is funny to watch. No deal isn’t possible from earlier amendments as well as the vote in the House of Lords yesterday. There is too much political pressure against to force a no deal. 

Edited by ez8004

1 minute ago, Penistone999 said:
  Reveal spoiler

Two things

Im glad May`s "surrender" deal was blown out of the water because it wasnt a Leave deal , it didnt cut ALL ties with those people. Her deal kept us in bed with the clowns in Europe. 

Secondly , im glad Communist Corbin called a no confidence vote , because May will lose it and be forced to resign , she should never have been PM because she is a remainer . We must now install a staunch Brexiteer as the next Prime Minister. 

You voting for corbyn then penny? I never thought I'd see the day.

The DUP spokesman actually said in Parliament: "We fought a terrorist campaign to stay part of the United Kingdom". Pretty spectacular, that. The people keeping the Tories in power admit that they fought a terrorist campaign in the UK. Incredible.

Just now, Bob Arctor said:

The DUP spokesman actually said in Parliament: "We fought a terrorist campaign to stay part of the United Kingdom". Pretty spectacular, that. The people keeping the Tories in power admit that they fought a terrorist campaign in the UK. Incredible.

He probably meant fought against terrorists, but I take your point even if he said something he didn't mean even though it's probably accurate.

That make sense?

Anyone else notice the lack of exuberance by Brexremists in response to the vote?

Despite May's 'surrender' deal being the only Brexit they were going to get, their bonkers extremism has prevented them from supporting it.

The only thing that May has got right in the last two weeks is that the choice is now her deal or no Brexit!