Bin instructions

16 hours ago, Chez2 said:

We have Rotherham for bins and are just about to get our black bin with pink lid. There have been notices in the paper, on Facebook, a letter sent to our home and a tag on the bin explaining the swap and what goes in each bin. So we don't forget, we keep the general waste bin in one place (where it has always been) and the recycling bins elsewhere. They are all quite close to the back door but at different sides. 

We have had all our bins...4....a few  weeks now,all labelled ,we were informed what was happening months ago.

15 hours ago, mickf said:

That would work if your round stayed the same. I was moved to a new one and RMBC didn't think it was worth telling me. For two weeks I had no collection without ringing to complain and involving a councillor. 

Just go onto RMBC website  and you can find all you want to know...we also have ...New Collection Calenders... for the waste/recycle bins as well as a seperate one for the brown bin

15 hours ago, Chez2 said:

Surely you would stay in the same council area? You can look up collections on the council website. They didn't used to have our road on the list on the website but we are the same as the rest of the village so it easy to guess. We are sometimes forgotten as we are on the edge of the village and the houses at the end of the road have theirs done the day before. 

You'd think so wouldn't you. But no. With the new recycling rounds all the old routes changed. I am still in the same physical place and address but was put on a different bin round. The same area now has two different recycling schedules, so if you are told the wrong one you can put out the wrong bin or the new crew will not know to pick up your bin.

That's what happened to me. Also the crew change meant that the new crew didn't know to pick up my bin or tell me that I had put out the wrong one. As to looking it up online, that would not tell me my round had changed or to ignore the calendars sent by the council.   

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, JMinSheff said:

Presumably the cost of cleaning up this area of the city is many, many times the cost of this video.

Rather than being reactive all the time, the Council is trying to be proactive by investing in education to try and change behaviour and reduce clean up costs.  What's the problem?

Exactly - it's just a sly dig at the Roma community.

3 hours ago, euclid said:

We have had all our bins...4....a few  weeks now,all labelled ,we were informed what was happening months ago.

Just go onto RMBC website  and you can find all you want to know...we also have ...New Collection Calenders... for the waste/recycle bins as well as a seperate one for the brown bin

The 'New Collection Calendars' do not tell you your round has been changed and the RMBC website says this 'online bin collection schedules are unavailable'.

But otherwise thank you for your advice.

3 hours ago, mickf said:

The 'New Collection Calendars' do not tell you your round has been changed and the RMBC website says this 'online bin collection schedules are unavailable'.

But otherwise thank you for your advice.

You're welcome.....:thumbsup:

The website has been updated in the last few days but it doesn't actually state which day the bin is to be collected (Rotherham).  They delivered the pink top bins to most of the village but forgot to deliver to the last seven houses so we don't have a bin! I moaned that I didn't want to wait so hopefully we will get a bin tomorrow.

one black bin has always proved to more than sufficient so no problem there ..everything goes in that which is seldom more than half full except when it gets filled up with unwanted and unnecessary council grown wind distributed leaves before it goes to the same land-fill or incinerator  as most of the rest of the rubbish ....

i acknowledge that one black bin a fortnight is not enough for everyone but its less waste that we really need not more bins