Bin instructions

10 hours ago, woodmally said:

If you are confused as to how to use a bin. Never fear the council has a handy video (with subtitles) https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-council-produce-video-aimed-at-educating-roma-community-about-bin-collections-and-litter-1-9637480

the vast majority of people aren't confused.

But the intended audience of this  video most definitely are, given physical evidence. 

Not sure it'll make much difference as i think the problem isn't education in so much as pure laziness but i think this video is a positive step forward. 

5 hours ago, arrowhead said:

the vast majority of people aren't confused.

But the intended audience of this  video most definitely are, given physical evidence. 

Not sure it'll make much difference as i think the problem isn't education in so much as pure laziness but i think this video is a positive step forward. 

I agree it was tongue in cheek . I dont think its lack of knowledge as if it was you would just have incorrect waste being stored in incorrect bins not strewn around.  I hope the video will do some good but sadly I am not convinced. Oh well we live in hope.

In Rotherham for me as a disabled person that is partially sighted it has been a complete **** up all they had to do was put stickers on his what they are going to do . But that was easy along with the date it started no.

On 07/03/2019 at 21:40, woodmally said:

If you are confused as to how to use a bin. Never fear the council has a handy video (with subtitles) https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-council-produce-video-aimed-at-educating-roma-community-about-bin-collections-and-litter-1-9637480

SCC moan they are skint, yet some muppet in the town hall thought it was a good idea to waste money on stupidity like this. 

1 minute ago, Penistone999 said:

SCC moan they are skint, yet some muppet in the town hall thought it was a good idea to waste money on stupidity like this. 

Well I dont think much money was spent on it to be honest. Just the hire of a camcorder. Its not exactly an academy award winner.

On 09/03/2019 at 03:35, desy said:

In Rotherham for me as a disabled person that is partially sighted it has been a complete **** up all they had to do was put stickers on his what they are going to do . But that was easy along with the date it started no.

We have Rotherham for bins and are just about to get our black bin with pink lid. There have been notices in the paper, on Facebook, a letter sent to our home and a tag on the bin explaining the swap and what goes in each bin. So we don't forget, we keep the general waste bin in one place (where it has always been) and the recycling bins elsewhere. They are all quite close to the back door but at different sides. 

1 hour ago, Chez2 said:

We have Rotherham for bins and are just about to get our black bin with pink lid. There have been notices in the paper, on Facebook, a letter sent to our home and a tag on the bin explaining the swap and what goes in each bin. So we don't forget, we keep the general waste bin in one place (where it has always been) and the recycling bins elsewhere. They are all quite close to the back door but at different sides. 

That would work if your round stayed the same. I was moved to a new one and RMBC didn't think it was worth telling me. For two weeks I had no collection without ringing to complain and involving a councillor. 

1 hour ago, mickf said:

That would work if your round stayed the same. I was moved to a new one and RMBC didn't think it was worth telling me. For two weeks I had no collection without ringing to complain and involving a councillor. 

Surely you would stay in the same council area? You can look up collections on the council website. They didn't used to have our road on the list on the website but we are the same as the rest of the village so it easy to guess. We are sometimes forgotten as we are on the edge of the village and the houses at the end of the road have theirs done the day before. 

Guest makapaka
On 07/03/2019 at 21:40, woodmally said:

What’s the issue with this video then?

On 09/03/2019 at 21:14, woodmally said:

Well I dont think much money was spent on it to be honest. Just the hire of a camcorder. Its not exactly an academy award winner.

Except they may have hired a private company to do it at a cost of thousands.

Presumably the cost of cleaning up this area of the city is many, many times the cost of this video.

Rather than being reactive all the time, the Council is trying to be proactive by investing in education to try and change behaviour and reduce clean up costs.  What's the problem?