Is This Really Offensive.

mort

The name calling can cease or I will hand out suspensions. Enough. 

Message added by mort

Clumsy, but clearly didn't come from a racist place.

On 09/03/2019 at 23:38, leviathan13 said:

Yeah, colourism, or 'colour prejudice', as I've always known it is rearing its ugly head in black society nowadays. But either light skinned black or dark skinned black you're equally as black in racial status.  Lighter skinned black/white mixed differ obviously. 

11 hours ago, danot said:

Yeah, colourism, or 'colour prejudice', as I've always known it is rearing its ugly head in black society nowadays. But either light skinned black or dark skinned black you're equally as black in racial status.  Lighter skinned black/white mixed differ obviously. 

Are you black?

16 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Are you black?

I'm mixed- Black father, white mother. You know this.

5 minutes ago, danot said:

I'm mixed- Black father, white mother. You know this.

Ah, yes- I would have thought you'd be aware then that there are issues within the black community around skin tone?

11 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Ah, yes- I would have thought you'd be aware then that there are issues within the black community around skin tone?

When you say "issues" what do you mean?

4 minutes ago, Hots on said:

When you say "issues" what do you mean?

Lighter skin tones being seen as more desirable than dark ones. Skin lightening products are a massive business - billions of dollars.

This piece explains more - https://graziadaily.co.uk/beauty-hair/skin/skin-lightening-still-happening-uk/

14 minutes ago, Halibut said:

You mean the issue of colourism, or 'colour prejudice' that you failed to recognise only last week? As you know, I'm fully aware it. I've harped on about it enough.