Is This Really Offensive.

mort

The name calling can cease or I will hand out suspensions. Enough. 

Message added by mort

14 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

It looks like you said

And given the context of discussion of rape and death threats it looks a lot like you were trying to make an excuse for them.

ok whatever! go and bang another drum😡

56 minutes ago, neworderishere said:

quite why anyone would be sick enough to want to rape her i dont know! but she brings a lot of the abuse upon herself not with her politics but with what she says and how she says it? she typifies whats wrong with politics and public speaking. 

That's a really ugly thing to say.

1 hour ago, neworderishere said:

quite why anyone would be sick enough to want to rape her i dont know! but she brings a lot of the abuse upon herself not with her politics but with what she says and how she says it? she typifies whats wrong with politics and public speaking. 

Can you could explain exactly what you meant in your first sentence, without resorting to "if I have to explain it, you're too stupid to understand". Go on, it is International Women's Day after all, make the effort for people to understand.

36 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

It looks like you said

And given the context of discussion of rape and death threats it looks a lot like you were trying to make an excuse for them.

It doesn't look like that, and he clarified it wasn't. What it does like like is you took hold of it and twisted it into something to suit yourself. Most people reading the comments will see that straight away.

44 minutes ago, neworderishere said:

ok whatever! go and bang another drum😡

Do ever see anything that Diane Abbott (or amber Rudd if you like) has said or written  and think yep, those death and/or rape threats are completely understandable.

If you do, could you give a couple of examples? Help me help you.

16 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

She's a complete pillock but unless you're a moron, take apart her argument and poor grasp of mathematics. Don't racially abuse her, or threaten to rape or kill her you nob heads.

Calling someone a pillock like I did does not equate  to threatening to kill or rape her nob head.

6 hours ago, hauxwell said:

What percentage of soldiers from the Confederate Army  didn’t want to go to war, but we’re not given the option as to whether they wanted to join the army?

The Confederate army was, for the most part , a volunteer force.

4 minutes ago, jaffa1 said:

Calling someone a pillock like I did does not equate  to threatening to kill or rape her nob head.

No, but you did say that the abuse, including the racist abuse, was "understandable because she's a pillock and talks garbage". The latter may be true, but it doesn't excuse the racism.

To be fair to neworder I read it as derision, abuse about her stupidity, nothing to do with threats of rape or death

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

Do ever see anything that Diane Abbott (or amber Rudd if you like) has said or written  and think yep, those death and/or rape threats are completely understandable.

If you do, could you give a couple of examples? Help me help you.

i have never once said rape or death threats were acceptable, i was generalising the whole "abuse" thing she gets, i certainly dont think she should have them but hey this is the internet age keyboard warriors quite often say things they would never or could never do.

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

To be fair to neworder I read it as derision, abuse about her stupidity, nothing to do with threats of rape or death

thank you

9 minutes ago, neworderishere said:

i have never once said rape or death threats were acceptable, i was generalising the whole "abuse" thing she gets, i certainly dont think she should have them but hey this is the internet age keyboard warriors quite often say things they would never or could never do.

thank you

Okay, you've clarified that you don't think the abuse she gets is acceptable

12 minutes ago, neworderishere said:

thank you

We're on the same page then - Abbott is a plank but doesn't deserve death threats etc.