Is This Really Offensive.

mort

The name calling can cease or I will hand out suspensions. Enough. 

Message added by mort

Do any other languages have this stupid PC?

10 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

The soldiers of the Confederate army in the American civil war were far from a "tiny proportion"

What percentage of soldiers from the Confederate Army  didn’t want to go to war, but we’re not given the option as to whether they wanted to join the army?

12 hours ago, Mister M said:

I would've interpreted it as clumsiness on the part of Rudd but then I'm not a black woman whose had a great deal of abuse and threats.

It's interesting to know that its given plenty of ammunition to Abbott's enemies on here to have a go at her. It doesn't take much....

Me too, I would have expected better from someone high up in public office. 

Especially as so often they're adept at evading the question asked of them and reading from their own prepared script.

Sky news transcript of comment is:

Ms Rudd had been speaking about the online abuse of politicians on BBC Radio 2's Jeremy Vine Show when she used the term.

She said: "It definitely is worse if you're a woman, and it's worst of all if you're a coloured woman.

"I know that Diane Abbott gets a huge amount of abuse and I think that's something we need to continue to call out."

1 hour ago, woodview said:

Sky news transcript of comment is:

Ms Rudd had been speaking about the online abuse of politicians on BBC Radio 2's Jeremy Vine Show when she used the term.

She said: "It definitely is worse if you're a woman, and it's worst of all if you're a coloured woman.

"I know that Diane Abbott gets a huge amount of abuse and I think that's something we need to continue to call out."

so she was actually defending Abbott? dear god what has the world come to?

1 hour ago, neworderishere said:

so she was actually defending Abbott? dear god what has the world come to?

Have you ever thought about the huge volume of abuse, rape threats and hate that Diane Abbot receives?

1 minute ago, Halibut said:

Have you ever thought about the huge volume of abuse, rape threats and hate that Diane Abbot receives?

quite why anyone would be sick enough to want to rape her i dont know! but she brings a lot of the abuse upon herself not with her politics but with what she says and how she says it? she typifies whats wrong with politics and public speaking. 

Hold on a minuet! In the 50s I was brought up  to say coloured by my parents and even the teachers.  If offends I certainly will not use the term again. 

23 minutes ago, neworderishere said:

quite why anyone would be sick enough to want to rape her i dont know! but she brings a lot of the abuse upon herself not with her politics but with what she says and how she says it? she typifies whats wrong with politics and public speaking. 

Have you just tried to excuse away death and rape threats as being the fault of the person who receives them?

1 minute ago, Cyclone said:

Have you just tried to excuse away death and rape threats as being the fault of the person who receives them?

oh get a grip fella! where did i say that of course i didn't, what i said was that she doesn't help herself with how she says things, now if you want to twist that be my guest😝

It looks like you said

but she brings a lot of the abuse upon herself 

And given the context of discussion of rape and death threats it looks a lot like you were trying to make an excuse for them.