On the fiddle.

1 hour ago, Cyclone said:

If Albert actually understood the basic facts and made some legitimate point then the thread would be very short indeed.

You can't really point the gun at Albert,...there are/were 72 replies to this thread and he seems to be in a minority,in some cases it has developed into "forumer's" arguing with each other over facts/ statistics and trying to prove they are more intelligent than the other ...it wouldn't take much to be more brainy than I..:hihi:.....What it all comes down to in the end is all the rich/celebrities etc involved in Tax Evasion Schemes ..which are legal in the EU  and are really "tax avoidance schemes".I am a 70 year old pensioner and i still pay income tax on my old age pension,very saddening to think i might pay more tax than a millionaire...but..nowt i can do bout it except bite my lip :confused:......Keep speaking your mind Albert and saying it how it is...a spade is a spade........sadly i am not rich enough to join one...If i won the lottery would i move abroad...NO.....i would buy a nice pad in Lincolnshire with 20 acres of land around me to keep out barking dogs and screaming kids...LOL.. :hihi:

here are some facts you may be interested in owd lad.

Celebrities including David Beckham and Wayne Rooney have lost a legal bid to overturn a £700m tax bill.

They were among more than 1,000 people who invested in the Ingenious film financing schemes in the hope of securing tax relief.

HM Revenue and Customs' reported policy of advising against giving honours to tax-avoiding celebrities has been backed by Sir Vince Cable.

Celebrities who use lawful but controversial schemes are being "blacklisted" to protect the reputation of the honours list,

list of ........managers...footballers....celebrities and the list goes on and on

• Steve McClaren (Ex-England)
  • Sir Alex Ferguson (Ex-Man Utd)
  • Carlo Cudicini (Ex-Chelsea assistant)
  • Martin O’Neill (Ex-Rep of Ireland)
  • David O’Leary (Ex-Leeds)
  • Gary McAllister (Ex-Leeds)
  • David Beckham (ex-Man Utd)
  • Dennis Wise (ex-Chelsea)
  • Dean Windass (ex-Hull)
  • Steven Gerrard (ex-Liverpool)
  • Anton Ferdinand (ex-QPR)
  • Marcus Bent (ex-Everton)
  • Jamie Carragher (ex-Liverpool)
  • Nicky Barmby (ex-Spurs)
  • Dominic Matteo (ex-Liverpool)
  • Wes Brown (ex-Man Utd)
  • Nicky Butt (ex-Man Utd)
  • Michael Hughes (ex-C Palace)
  • Steven Caldwell (ex-Burnley)
  • Joey Barton (ex-Man City)
  • Martin Keown (ex-Arsenal)
  • Jonathan Woodgate (ex-Leeds)
  • Colin Hendry (ex-Blackburn)
  • Emile Heskey (ex-Liverpool)
  • Clinton Morrison (ex-Palace)
  • Danny Murphy (ex-Liverpool)
  • Scott Parker (ex-Charlton)
  • John O’Shea (ex-Man Utd)
  • Hayden Mullins (ex-Palace)
  • John Arne Riise (ex-Liverpool)
  • Trevor Sinclair (ex-West Ham)
  • Mamady Sidibe (ex-Stoke)
  • Robbie Keane (ex-Spurs)
  • Neil Lennon (ex-Leicester)
  • Joleon Lescott (ex-Man City)
  • Gary Lineker (ex-Leicester)
  • Paul Konchesky (ex-Leicester)
  • Francis Jeffers (ex-Everton)
  • Eoin Jess (ex-Aberdeen)
  • Alain Goma (ex-Fulham)
  • Ryan Giggs (ex-Man Utd)
  • Andy Griffin (ex-Newcastle)
  • Tim Cahill (ex-Everton)
  • Jussi Jaskelainen (ex-Bolton)
  • Michael Bridges (ex-Leeds)
  • Matthew Etherington (ex-W Ham)
  • Paul McVeigh (ex-Norwich)
  • Gudni Bergsson (ex-Bolton)
  • Simon Charlton (ex-Bolton)
  • Matthew Elliott (ex-Leicester)
  • Dean Richards (ex-Wolves)
  • Victoria Beckham    
  • Anne Robinson
  • Davina McCall
  • Neil Morrissey
  • David Suchet
  • Sacha Baron Cohen
  • David Heyman
  • Jeremy Paxman
  • Kate Adie
  • Peter Fincham (ex-ITV boss)
  • Lord Grade of Yarmouth (ex-BBC chairman)
  • Geri Halliwell
  • Melanie Chisholm
  • Simon Fuller
  • Peter Gabriel
  • Phillip Schofield
  • Robbie Williams
  • George Michael
  • Craig David
  • Gareth Gates
  • Ant and Dec

If I or (I suspect) anyone had enough money which warranted structuring your financial affairs to minimise your tax obligation, I would certainly do it with no moral compunction at all.  My primary responsibility is to myself and my heirs, not the government.

Anyone who says they wouldn't is a fool at best, a liar at worst.

16 minutes ago, bendix said:

If I or (I suspect) anyone had enough money which warranted structuring your financial affairs to minimise your tax obligation, I would certainly do it with no moral compunction at all.  My primary responsibility is to myself and my heirs, not the government.

Anyone who says they wouldn't is a fool at best, a liar at worst.

Well, looking at several posters who approve of the OP, at least you can't accuse those of being fools or liars: they post openly about doing exactly the same if they won the Lottery.

Hypocrisy, on the other hand...

;)

Can someone recommend or devise a scheme where we can maximise our tax obligations?

3 hours ago, Albert smith said:

Iv'e got it now!!!!! explained to me (in my innocence ) that some of the professional posters on these threads just have to have a daily dig .  Sad aren't they .

And you still manage to avoid actually answering the question about what you think should be done.

2 hours ago, euclid said:

You can't really point the gun at Albert,...there are/were 72 replies to this thread and he seems to be in a minority,in some cases it has developed into "forumer's" arguing with each other over facts/ statistics and trying to prove they are more intelligent than the other ...it wouldn't take much to be more brainy than I..:hihi:.....What it all comes down to in the end is all the rich/celebrities etc involved in Tax Evasion Schemes ..which are legal in the EU  and are really "tax avoidance schemes".I am a 70 year old pensioner and i still pay income tax on my old age pension,very saddening to think i might pay more tax than a millionaire...but..nowt i can do bout it except bite my lip :confused:......Keep speaking your mind Albert and saying it how it is...a spade is a spade........sadly i am not rich enough to join one...If i won the lottery would i move abroad...NO.....i would buy a nice pad in Lincolnshire with 20 acres of land around me to keep out barking dogs and screaming kids...LOL.. :hihi:

here are some facts you may be interested in owd lad.

I think you've entirely got the wrong end of the stick.  This is about people living in Monaco.  Living somewhere else is not tax avoidance and it's definitely not tax evasion.

Or alternatively if it is, then you're avoiding paying tax in 194 countries, which seems very unfair to the people who live in them and do pay tax...  That doesn't really make a lot of sense though does it?

Think about all the tax you're avoiding by not living in Belgium!  You're evading huge amounts of tax compared to anyone living in Belgium, how immoral is that?

19 minutes ago, carosio said:

Can someone recommend or devise a scheme where we can maximise our tax obligations?

Well, you could move to Belgium.

And/or become a US citizen whilst living elsewhere.

You could pay yourself PAYE and avoid using ISAs and pension schemes.  Definitely don't maximise your capital gains relief, but instead realise all gains at once to pay the maximum tax.  Don't take advantage of any tax relief available to you, much of which you have to know about yourself and apply to your own accounts as a business.  Miss it and they'll simply accept the higher number, they won't tell you about it!

11 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

And you still manage to avoid actually answering the question about what you think should be done.

I think you've entirely got the wrong end of the stick.  This is about people living in Monaco.  Living somewhere else is not tax avoidance and it's definitely not tax evasion.

Or alternatively if it is, then you're avoiding paying tax in 194 countries, which seems very unfair to the people who live in them and do pay tax...  That doesn't really make a lot of sense though does it?

Think about all the tax you're avoiding by not living in Belgium!  You're evading huge amounts of tax compared to anyone living in Belgium, how immoral is that?

Keep at  it lass , Belgium now in the equation them Benelux  countries have a very funny way of doing things .'

Edited by Albert smith

Thanks, I'll get cracking on that straight away!

30 minutes ago, carosio said:

Thanks, I'll get cracking on that straight away!

At what.

At Cyclone's suggestions on how I could pay as much tax as possible, rather than as little as possible.

Isn't this what you wanted?

Edited by carosio

1 hour ago, Albert smith said:

Keep at  it lass , Belgium now in the equation them Benelux  countries have a very funny way of doing things .'

Aye, Belgians do beer (EDIT: and chips, and chocolate, how could I forget them!) quite a bit better than Brits, Luxemburgers do banking and civil service quite a bit better than Brits, and the Dutch do trading and liberal legislation quite a bit better than Brits. Amongst other things :D

Edited by L00b

1 hour ago, Albert smith said:

Are you capable of answering that simple question?

What do you propose?  Banning emmigration, or just banning emmigration for the rich?