The New Wednesday?

It appears that one club in this City are gearing up to play Barcelona in the next 4 years and the other club is just not in the same class.

It struck me this morning, that considering how bad we were earlier this season, with really important players out injured for months on end, with a manager, that for reasons known only to him, kept some of our more prominent players on the sidelines, and some players having shocking attitudes and letting the fans down with lethargic, uncaring performances, we find ourselves only 6 points outside the Play Offs.

Think about that for a moment.

Even if we'd upped our game by a smallish percentage from August to January, there's every chance we could have been up in the top 6 for the last month or two.

That, to me, infers that overall, the teams who've occupied the top 8 places this season, are not exactly World Beaters. They're actually all much of a muchness, with no stand out team amongst them.

I know United fans like to tell us how other teams' supporters say that United are ''The best team we've played all season'', but looking at the competition, that's not been so hard to achieve really.

I didn't want Steve Bruce at Hillsborough. I've never been impressed with any team he's ever had, regarding exciting, entertaining football. The Hull side that beat us were pretty poor and I think we should have taken them, but Hey Ho!

That said, he has a string of successes under his belt, so he knows what he's doing.

I'm very impressed with his three signings, and if that's the standard of player he's looking to bring in permanently, then he's going to impress me, that's for sure.

I had pessimistic views on SB, but he's already done enough to make me think again.

We made a decent show against the Barca Blades and IF we can hold on to our Loanees permanently, and when they get to know each other better, and our long term injured get back, we're going to have an impressive side. Obviously, we can always improve on what we've got, and it seems to me that SB knows a good player when he sees one.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

Hope springs eternal

Personally I think Steve Bruce is like the Emperors new clothes. Time will tell

Fed up of Wednesday winning all these derbies, another 0-0 defeat 😒

1 minute ago, Ridgewalk said:

Fed up of Wednesday winning all these derbies, another 0-0 defeat 

yup must feel like it, seems to only be unitedites disappointed with the result as you "didnt play like you normally do", which i think is code for we didnt allow you to run rings around us ;)

Well we’re normally used to winning but understand that other teams raise their game against top opposition. Wednesday will win one day though

28 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

It appears that one club in this City are gearing up to play Barcelona in the next 4 years and the other club is just not in the same class.

It struck me this morning, that considering how bad we were earlier this season, with really important players out injured for months on end, with a manager, that for reasons known only to him, kept some of our more prominent players on the sidelines, and some players having shocking attitudes and letting the fans down with lethargic, uncaring performances, we find ourselves only 6 points outside the Play Offs.

Even if we'd upped our game by a smallish percentage from August to January, there's every chance we could have been up in the top 6 for the last month or two.

That, to me, infers that overall, the teams who've occupied the top 8 places this season, are not exactly World Beaters. They're actually all much of a muchness, with no stand out team amongst them.

I know United fans like to tell us how other teams' supporters say that United are ''The best team we've played all season'', but looking at the competition, that's not been so hard to achieve really.

I didn't want Steve Bruce at Hillsborough. I've never been impressed with any team he's ever had, regarding exciting, entertaining football. The Hull side that beat us were pretty poor and I think we should have taken them, but Hey Ho!

That said, he has a string of successes under his belt, so he knows what he's doing.

I'm very impressed with his three signings, and if that's the standard of player he's looking to bring in permanently, then he's going to impress me, that's for sure.

I had pessimistic views on SB, but he's already done enough to make me think again.

We made a decent show against the Barca Blades and IF we can hold on to our Loanees permanently, and when they get to know each other better, and our long term injured get back, we're going to have an impressive side. Obviously, we can always improve on what we've got, and it seems to me that SB knows a good player when he sees one.

The fact that we wasted half a season with one of the worst managers in our history and still have a longshot chance of making the play offs is staggering. I also find it odd that a team who are hailed as the best in the division totally changed their tactics, game plan etc on Monday night to cope with a team in 13th who they beat easily last season.

Edited by Brooker11

If we'd played anything like we regularly played under Carlos, with the attacking intent we used to have (and may soon have again), with our best striker back fit, I think. with Bruce's tactics, we'd have seen 'em off on Monday.

This team is still getting to know each other.

It's STILL not a full strength team, and hasn't been all of this mediocre season.  

Edited by Hotmale 1954

28 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

If we'd sacked Jos earlier we may have had a shot at the playoffs. Especially with Hutchinson/Westwood in the team

However, it's yet to be confirmed how FFP is going to affect us next year, we could well be under embargo, with players out of contract and unable to replace them

Chansiri?

It seems he couldn't run a bath.

It's very, very naive to get himself in hot water like he has.

Hopefully, he can rescue it, but I don't know how.

I don't have the info, or the knowledge to know what he's done wrong, or what he has to do to claw it back.

No doubt some accountants from the Lane will be able to help us out when the rubbish hits the fan. :hihi: 

1 hour ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

So no problem then, especially  in this poor league as you call it!

Another 0-0 and the play-offs are imminent!Got to admire your blind optimism. Good luck though.

steve bruce will take us to the premiership ,guaranteed i am sure