Whats your favourite charity?

Well its not Charterhouse Public School. Registered Charity 312054 - Income £33.6 million - Expenditure £29.9 million.

Also helping the  Troika Laundromat clean up.

Including "Over the course of one summer, and three separate transactions, Charterhouse collected five years’ worth of boarding fees. The payments, totalling £300,000, were wired from a bank in Lithuania to the school’s account at Lloyds in Godalming, Surrey. The money did not, as might be expected, come from an account in the name of the boy’s parents. Instead, it was paid by an anonymously owned company registered in St Lucia called Meister Developers Ltd."

www.theguardian.com/education/2019/mar/05/elite-uk-school-fees-paid-via-tax-haven-firms-leak-reveals

http://beta.charitycommission.gov.uk/charity-details/?regid=312054&subid=0

Edited by Flanker7

Disgusting. The dodgy 'gift' is one thing, establishments of that nature should be barred from being a charity anyway.

Mine. The tinfoilhat benevolent fund.

please give generously.

Not Comic Relief. I daren't donate to it for fear of being branded a racist or white saviour.

The British Legion and St Luke’s Hospice.

Macmillan and British Heart foundation for personal reasons. Agree with the first couple of posts that public schools shouldn't be allowed charitable status.

Lifeboats and Cancer research for me.

20 hours ago, woodview said:

Disgusting. The dodgy 'gift' is one thing, establishments of that nature should be barred from being a charity anyway.

It's interesting to play with the Charity  data.  http://beta.charitycommission.gov.uk/charity-search/?q=Eton

The system is obviously being abused .

I searched 'Eton' and got 20 replies. Its amazing what qualifies as a charity.

Here's one - The Kynge's College Of Our Ladye Of Eton Besyde Windesore - Income£73.4M - Spending£74.9M