Microsoft Office, Bargain World Store

I paid £20 for MS Office from Bargain World Store.

I downloaded the program, but it just seems odd, not like I remember Microsoft, could it be a scam program?

Having a problem with the product key.  They just tell me to follow the instructions.

It says that there is no account with my email address. A friend has said he got a product key for less than £5.

I telephoned the helpline number and got a product key. I have not seen Microsoft Office for years, I assume it is the real thing. But it is working.

Does anyone have a number for Bargain World Store?  As I've lost my activation code and computer died so trying to reinstall. Thanks

Microsoft Office is terrible to look at (365). I've been using the Linux version of SoftMaker Office - much easier on the eyes and my productivity whilst working from home has been more streamlined using that than MS Office any day. If you don't want to shell out, then try their free version, Free Office - more logically thought out than any MS product - probably because it is German engineering at its software best!

https://www.freeoffice.com/en/

But I wouldn't bother with their Android offering - free to download and use but to print needs a monthly payment of 0.89p! I swapped it out for OnlyOffice for Android.

I hadn't heard of FreeOffice before.  Seems to get good reviews.  I've been using various offspring of OpenOffice.org for years and LibreOffice is solid and IMHO easier to use than newer versions of MS Office.  My kid used to happily switch between MS and Libre depending on whose PC she used.

Without a doubt LibreOffice has it's Plus Points, even over SoftMaker Office and M$ Office. Let's face it, anything is better than Office365.  The issue for me with the way LibreOffice is at present is there is an awful lot of background options. SoftMaker Office full version (the 2018 iteration is free for students and Teachers and comes (in the Windows version) with a fully working Equation Editor based on MathType 2000 - you do get the nag to upgrade to Math Type but you don't need to as SoftMaker Office Equation Editor is far superior to the one in Word. At the end of the day, Open Source wins hands down. Recently I was working on my Linux box to produce an Exam paper in MLP as the Exam Board did not have one available. I had my pdf Studio Pro crash on me (later turned out that the hard drive was failing as all directories weren't pointing to where they should be. So new hard drive arrived, set everything up again and did some research. Out of curiosity I tried the demo of SysInternals pdf recovery tool (Virtual Machine of Windows 8 required to login to specific mailbox for work) - failed. Found out Linux has an excellent utility called pdftk - available via Synaptic Package Manager. I was able to 'fix' the pdf into readable format and used Okular (also available for Windows users now) to extract the text into a new modified pdf and then used LibreOffice Draw to also view the pdf to extract the modified Inkscape images I had made without copying the text labels across. Problem solved! Forgot to add you can view MS Publisher files in LibreOffice Draw too!

Edited by swarfendor437

Not everyone wants free things; maybe the OP is wanting a copy to brush up on his skills as he's looking for work, and most employers ask for Word and Excel skills, not Libre Office or Open Office.