Will anyone from this Forum be joining Nigel on his walk?

4 hours ago, whiteowl said:

Seems to be dwindling out a bit - saw this comment on Newthumps facebook page earlier that made me chuckle 😂

So, about 200 people embarked on something they thought would be glorious, Nigel Farage walked away after starting it, then more than half changed their mind and abandoned it as they realised it wasn't such a good idea after all? There might be metaphor here somewhere....

Read that it was great, and sheltering in a single bus shelter lol

This is the picture today of the Brexit march

D2Ao9WgWsAANgQm.jpg

In the immortal words of Battery Sergeant Major Williams:

Oh dear. How sad. But never mind :hihi:

Someone who was up in Wetherby today was talking to the people driving the 'Led by Donkeys'  display board truck and they say that everywhere they have stopped since Hartlepool the opposition has outnumbered the march. 😂

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

D2Ao9WgWsAANgQm.jpg

In the immortal words of Battery Sergeant Major Williams:

Oh dear. How sad. But never mind :hihi:

Ha!  That's amazing.    I count 35 people at most.     Ah well, gets em out in fresh air and gives someone else a day off I suppose.

Sadly they'll still be held up as heroes, and farage will have made a bit of money and kept his name in the spotlight

Edited by melthebell

8 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Ha!  That's amazing.    I count 35 people at most.     Ah well, gets em out in fresh air and gives someone else a day off I suppose.

I believe at least half a dozen of those - the guys in the blue visibility jackets - are security or some kind of officials.

It's an utter embarassment and I feel sorry for them.  Just like Brexit itself, they've been sold an absolute dummy by rogues and charlatans, and just like Brexit they will be the ones who suffer, while the likes of Farage and Lawson and Dyson use the fortunes to either insulate themselves from the impact.   I would feel sorry for these people, but if they can't see that Farage not even having the decency to walk himself is a slap in the face to them, then my sympathy is limited.

Edited by bendix

11 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

White, predominantly male and the majority over the age of 50. 😂

6 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

White, predominantly male and the majority over the age of 50. 😂

In fairness, the crowd has surged to around 70-75 today as it bypassed Leeds.   Clearly as it goes around the bigger cities it will pick up people, who will do their few miles and wander back to Wetherspoons feeling pleased with themselves.

16 hours ago, Mister M said:

D2Ao9WgWsAANgQm.jpg

Is that a Manx flag I see? As far as I'm aware, the Isle of Man is not a member of the EU and didn't take part in the 2016 referendum.

52 minutes ago, horribleblob said:

Is that a Manx flag I see? As far as I'm aware, the Isle of Man is not a member of the EU and didn't take part in the 2016 referendum.

Absolutely right and Manx citizens do not have the right to free movement within the EU.

12 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Absolutely right and Manx citizens do not have the right to free movement within the EU.

What about 50 pound idiot marches?