Will anyone from this Forum be joining Nigel on his walk?

As you may (or may not) be aware old frog face Nigel Farage is organising a walk from Sunderland to London to highlight, what he claims, is the government's Brexit Betrayal.

For £50 you will get a cagoule, a 'leave means leave' beanie hat, and a one night stay in a B&B.

Farage is likening it to the famous Jarrow march in the 1930s, in which hundreds of hungry men marched to London to highlight their plight. Farage too hopes to evoke the sympathy of the nation for these poor souls. It has been labelled the 'Gammonball Run'

Will you be joining the marchers?

Edited by Mister M

Is the route anywhere near Sheffield?

Oh I do like gammonball run!

Be surprised if this gets more than a couple of hundred, although I suspect there will a fair number at the end of the "march"

2 minutes ago, Flanker7 said:

Is the route anywhere near Sheffield?

Hi the nearest stops are Doncaster and Worksop

Here is the itinerary: https://www.marchtoleave.com/route

Helpfully the website is going to post details of how to be a cheerleader

So I may pop along with my defibrillator  just in case the walk gets too much the protestors ;)

I hope a farmer parks a muck spreader next to the path and covers the idiot in manure.

51 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Hi the nearest stops are Doncaster and Worksop

Here is the itinerary: https://www.marchtoleave.com/route

Helpfully the website is going to post details of how to be a cheerleader

So I may pop along with my defibrillator  just in case the walk gets too much the protestors ;)

I'm not sure he's thought through stopping at worksop. I know they voted leave in big numbers but the reality on the ground might be a bit different. "You sir, would you like to join my March? Ah, sorry you're polish. Madam, what about you and you're adorable child. Latvian you say? Right everyone, on to mansfield!"

Considering what's forecast down the line over the April-June period (should the UK actually Brexit in 25 days'time), if even half of it comes to pass...

...then I'm not too sure that advertising oneself very publicly as a supporter of Brexit, by joining this march, is advisable for one's future well-being :lol:

that is, unless one has substantially the same resources and friends in high places as Farage, whence a swift incognito exit remains possible short-term :twisted:

Edited by L00b

I've only had a brief look at the route but the stops I saw were very safe brexit voting places. He'll be heaping blame on everyone else much to the delight of his whooping acolytes.

I've a horrible feeling I'm working away but if I'm not, I'm going to worksop to heckle.

I won’t be joining him on the walk, but a few of us are going to Sunderland to wave them off, its only ten minutes from where I live.

Just  getting my Leave Means Leave flag ready now.

The route is here, worth noting that while they will be marching through various towns and cities they will be taken by vehicles between various places.

Also Nige isn't going to walk the entire thing, he'll be there for the start, finish and and decent publicity shot inbetween.

So it will be a few yellow vests and smattering of old folk on mobility scooters draped in Union jacks.