Does Tribalism exist in Sheffield ?. When one looks around our City we see that different areas seem to attract folk from wide and vastly different back grounds .

On this forum it is obvious that certain posters never ever agree with others  due to them possibly being from a different culture '

This  leads to posters being  restricted as to what they say as this always up sets some one who may have  a widely different view due to birth and up bringing . 

This spoils debate in many instances as views are some times deemed to be racist ,this in turn means that one cannot debate in a truth full way for fear of being ostracised or simply cut off from the point in question .

Hi Albert

There are many like myself who view this Forum without posting at all or very infrequently.

Don' take some of the posts seriously, brush them aside, have pity on some of the poor souls who do post and admire some of the very thought provoking and intelligent stuff that appears.

This forum is a gem of social media, lets wish it all the best for the future !!

2 hours ago, Albert smith said:

Does Tribalism exist in Sheffield ?. When one looks around our City we see that different areas seem to attract folk from wide and vastly different back grounds .

On this forum it is obvious that certain posters never ever agree with others  due to them possibly being from a different culture '

This  leads to posters being  restricted as to what they say as this always up sets some one who may have  a widely different view due to birth and up bringing . 

This spoils debate in many instances as views are some times deemed to be racist ,this in turn means that one cannot debate in a truth full way for fear of being ostracised or simply cut off from the point in question .

You are guilty of tribalism yourself, you often talk of "Proper Sheffielders", as if they are some sub-group of the citizens of this city.

9 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

You are guilty of tribalism yourself, you often talk of "Proper Sheffielders", as if they are some sub-group of the citizens of this city.

9 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Of course I am a member of my tribe soft lass , I identify with the rough and ready lot I was brought up with . What is a sub group by the way . You have verified my post by your comment .

10 hours ago, Runningman said:

Hi Albert

There are many like myself who view this Forum without posting at all or very infrequently.

Don' take some of the posts seriously, brush them aside, have pity on some of the poor souls who do post and admire some of the very thought provoking and intelligent stuff that appears.

This forum is a gem of social media, lets wish it all the best for the future !!

And what tribe are you my friend. LOL.

12 hours ago, Albert smith said:

The Guardian, " a large minority of Britons appears to believe that multiculturalism has failed and different communities generally live separate lives. "

Exchange Tribalism with multiculturalism and it would appear they are very similar.

Angel1.

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

The Guardian, " a large minority of Britons appears to believe that multiculturalism has failed and different communities generally live separate lives. "

Exchange Tribalism with multiculturalism and it would appear they are very similar.

Angel1.

And then we get the football tribes .