Jump to content

Football Fans Parking Herries Road

Recommended Posts

On 02/03/2019 at 19:25, iansheff said:

Where are they building a new retail park?

The most significant question on this thread...  why indeed.

 

could it be being sponsored by the chain owners to contribute further to the systematic squeezing out of independents?

just asking. 

do all the small retail parks exist for the same reason?

one could be forgiven for thinking that's the case even IF its not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, geared said:

Car stereo's are back in vogue.

 

Companies like VW, Skoda and Seat share the same stereo/sat nav unit across most of their range, they are quick and simple to remove and can fetch £300 on eBay easily (they were a 2 grand upgrade when purchasing the car).

Criminals put the window through, jump inside and carefully remove the stereo.

Make you wonder what idiots would pay more than a few quid for a radio/mp3...  you can get perfectly reasonable sound and there are not worth nicking so hopefully you get to keep your window when you are stupid enough to leave it in the car.

 

to be fair although you might say it should not be this way...   it is.    

 

the ignorant, stupid and or naively unaware vehicle owners are responsible for most vehicle break ins.   

they leave stuff in the vehicles to be stolen whether on display or not.   if no-one ever left anything worth stealing in vehicles  then the only reason the pondlife would break into your vehicle would be in an attempt to steal it or to borrow it and thrash/wreck it for a bit of mindless entertainment.

 

it would be better if they actually prohibited operating sound emitting equipment in/on moving vehicles.   research indicates  such sound distracts drivers and negates hearing as a sense for identifying  potential threats... often the sounds can be heard even felt outside the vehicles even when the windows are shut...clearly that is just plain stupid and damages hearing.  research has also shown that certain music types encourage some people to drive dangerously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, fill said:

Make you wonder what idiots would pay more than a few quid for a radio/mp3...  you can get perfectly reasonable sound and there are not worth nicking so hopefully you get to keep your window when you are stupid enough to leave it in the car.

 

 

It's more the sat nav and bluetooth handsfree aspects that encourages people to fit them.  Also they interface with other vehicle systems, so climate control, parking sensors, rear camera etc etc etc.

 

In theory having all that provided by one simple unit is a good design choice, no need for extra add-on modules and stuff.

 

52 minutes ago, fill said:

the ignorant, stupid and or naively unaware vehicle owners are responsible for most vehicle break ins.   

they leave stuff in the vehicles to be stolen whether on display or not.   if no-one ever left anything worth stealing in vehicles  then the only reason the pondlife would break into your vehicle would be in an attempt to steal it or to borrow it and thrash/wreck it for a bit of mindless entertainment.

 

Nah, it's just simply not true.

 

My mates VW got done a few months ago, they took the sat nav/stereo unit (standard factory fit item) and only that, didn't even open the glovebox, check the boot and back seats or take the spare change out of the centre arm rest.

 

Happens so often the police didn't attend and when he did speak to someone they knew exactly what had been taken before even looking at the crime report.

Edited by geared

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, geared said:

 

It's more the sat nav and bluetooth handsfree aspects that encourages people to fit them.  Also they interface with other vehicle systems, so climate control, parking sensors, rear camera etc etc etc.

 

In theory having all that provided by one simple unit is a good design choice, no need for extra add-on modules and stuff.

Jusat more to go wrong and mostly not needed.   cold turnm the heater up, hot turn it off and open a window.   satnav.. your mobile phone in a cradle..  parking sensors... learn to drive in the first place and quit when you can't.  rear camera....  learn to drive and use your mirrors.... or have it fed to your mobile if you must have it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What exactly is your point??

 

I've explained why things like this are in demand, I've explained why even an 'empty' car can get done over by thieves.

No-one cares what you think or your particular view on in-car amenities.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geared said:

What exactly is your point??

 

I've explained why things like this are in demand, I've explained why even an 'empty' car can get done over by thieves.

No-one cares what you think or your particular view on in-car amenities.

 

 

I do, its true what fill says more to go wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, geared said:

 

It's more the sat nav and bluetooth handsfree aspects that encourages people to fit them.  Also they interface with other vehicle systems, so climate control, parking sensors, rear camera etc etc etc.

 

In theory having all that provided by one simple unit is a good design choice, no need for extra add-on modules and stuff.

 

 

Nah, it's just simply not true.

 

My mates VW got done a few months ago, they took the sat nav/stereo unit (standard factory fit item) and only that, didn't even open the glovebox, check the boot and back seats or take the spare change out of the centre arm rest.

 

Happens so often the police didn't attend and when he did speak to someone they knew exactly what had been taken before even looking at the crime report.

So don't leave ANYTHING of potential interest in the car. 

 

an aquaintence of mine also takes the steering wheel out of the car at night.  overkill maybe but i'm told she has put a hole and a padlock on the end of the column to prevent someone bringing their own wheel. 

 

if its not interesting or too much trouble they leave things alone generally ..  these parasites are all a bit dense in that way which is why they are out thieving instead of having a life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can buy a window sticker that says video  recording inside of car I’ve saw it on cars 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Holiday1166 said:

You can buy a window sticker that says video  recording inside of car I’ve saw it on cars 

so they know to look for the camera....  that seems a little counter productive ...  but from what i hear the police don't prosecute even if you have excellent pictures of thieves...... unless you are a bank or business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, fill said:

an aquaintence of mine also takes the steering wheel out of the car at night.  o

oh come on!  Now you're just being ridiculous.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geared said:

oh come on!  Now you're just being ridiculous.

 

 

Not  as daft as it sounds. I used to have a pop off steering wheel years ago before airbags etc were the norm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn’t there a guy in Norfolk recently who was charged with some regulatory offences for driving a car without a steering wheel and steering it with a mole grip ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.