Football Fans Parking Herries Road

Be aware that if you park on Herries road just under the bridge you are likely to get your car broken into, I drive past there nearly every night and after a match there is always broken glass from vehicles that have been broken in to.  It looks like it’s always close to the steps that lead up to the house, easy escape for the criminals 

Anyone who parks on Herries Road on the run up next to Scraithewood must be mad, the high banks on one side and the woods on the other give excellent cover for anyone robbing cars, even when I was a kid it was a prime spot for it, also the steps up the bank give you a perfect getaway on to Adkins Road, every match day there is glass on the paths.

What are they stealing?...Are folks really daft enough in this day and age to leave valuables on display.?

I noticed window glass near the kerb, they could be after dash-cams.

When the retail park is built, they'll be more cars parked around there.

Edited by carosio

2 hours ago, carosio said:

I noticed window glass near the kerb, they could be after dash-cams.

When the retail park is built, they'll be more cars parked around there.

Where are they building a new retail park?

Apparently, I read that one is planned on the land adjacent to Charlie Browns, opposite the Wednesday ground, now their car park. There used to be a hacksaw factory there many years ago, as well as Kenning Coachwork.

Edited by carosio

https://planningapps.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=PKYV3ONYMDJ00

There are sooo many reasons this shouldn't happen but it would only be good for us local residents which makes me bias (except perhaps increase in insurance premiums to pay for the flood damage the businesses suffer).

The football fans  will be having to park further onto parson cross, it could actually make it safer to park on herries road, the hoodies will have all they can carry before they get that far.

It seems unjust to Tesco sat on the land for all those years not being allowed to build a supermarket as there were too many already in the area then sainsbury's were allowed for some special reason so they sold it .... as the story goes. Perhaps its to replace hillsborough precinct when its redeveloped, wilkinsons on the doorstep 🙌

Whats going to happen to our giant rats?,.. as they are keeping their home (the old mill goit) and surrounding scrub land and more food from a drive through they should be thriving, if we could build a giant hamster wheel for them, there's a source of green energy to be harnessed.

Edited by Arthur Ritus
wrong shop

At least it appears that the little wood will be spared, along with Charlie Brown's pillars (hopefully).

The drawings show 3  proposed accesses, one on Herries just up from C. Browns. I can only imagine the queues there (from town), it's bad already.

Here's the tree preservation plan:    https://planningapps.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/files/9D05F5AC502DC16BFC2618DA9B2D0131/pdf/19_00037_FUL-PRN_04_TREE_CONSTRAINTS_PLAN-1307844.pdf

It does make me wonder how the local area can support this, enough shops on Hillsborough are already closed and we still have a couple of units empty on Kilner Way, so how does this make sense ?
Added traffic to an already congested area add 20,000 plus around on a match day with very little in the way of car parking, but then again i suppose it will get passed as the council will receive good money from the rates charged.

1 hour ago, carosio said:

At least it appears that the little wood will be spared, along with Charlie Brown's pillars (hopefully).

The drawings show 3  proposed accesses, one on Herries just up from C. Browns. I can only imagine the queues there (from town), it's bad already.

Here's the tree preservation plan:    https://planningapps.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/files/9D05F5AC502DC16BFC2618DA9B2D0131/pdf/19_00037_FUL-PRN_04_TREE_CONSTRAINTS_PLAN-1307844.pdf

The will no doubt be another set of traffic lights on penistone road to allow people out, it really needed some more 😶

4 hours ago, Arthur Ritus said:

The will no doubt be another set of traffic lights on penistone road to allow people out, it really needed some more 😶

Might be better to allow IN only on Penistone Rd,  and LEFT TURN ONLY when exiting above C. Browns. Wouldnt be surprised if they put some lights up near the Five Arches.

On 02/03/2019 at 15:49, FinBak said:

What are they stealing?...Are folks really daft enough in this day and age to leave valuables on display.?

Car stereo's are back in vogue.

Companies like VW, Skoda and Seat share the same stereo/sat nav unit across most of their range, they are quick and simple to remove and can fetch £300 on eBay easily (they were a 2 grand upgrade when purchasing the car).

Criminals put the window through, jump inside and carefully remove the stereo.