Sign in to follow this  

Triumph Dolomite flywheel problem?

Hi all, could anyone suggest a mechanic or garage that may  be able to help sort my (i  think) flywheel judder problem with my (1980) dolomite...Not sure wether I could just take it to a generic garage or if there may be someone thats used to working on this make of car or classics in general...very grateful for any recommendations ...thankyou.O..

Probably more a clutch problem.

Try Dave at Norton Hammer Motor Services. He rebuilt the gearbox on my Esprit so its right up his street. Tel 263 1772. His premises were at Banner Cross but he was in the process of re-locating to Dronfield. 

If there is any run-out on the flywheel any automotive engineering place would be able to skim it, I would recommend Sheffield engine services.  Run-out can be easily checked with a dial gauge. As kevvy has said it is more likely to be the clutch itself. Check all the forks are sat evenly on the pressure plate.

Thankyou everyone for your replies, it seems the clutch is fine and a new master and slave cylinder are needed....cheers...