Computer takes 30 mins to load

For some reason my desktop Comp is taking up to 30 to 40 mins to load.  I am running win 10. Is somethink on the way out? I have gone into where it shows what will load on startup and set this to minimal things but no different.  I have noticed I don’t get the writing on the screen what I used to get on first starting.  Another thing the screen seem to be pulsating as if it’s trying to start. Eventually it does load. I am a pensioner and only no how to use a computer but not the nitty gritty of what goes on in the box. I will try anything you sugest. I am also reg blind (tunnel vision) so please give me time to try things   Alan

How much space is left on the operating system drive?

It could be an update that's not worked and keeps rolling back.

I've had the odd system with similar problems where the update assistant sorted it.

Link

Install and run the assistant and see what it says is needed. If it's the last big update, it might take a while to finish.

If all else fails, let us know and i'm sure that Me, or someone else can come and take a look for you :)

Switched on this morning took 1 hour 5 mins before screen came to life.  Running windows 10 home version10.0.17134 build 17134.   I checked free space on drives also went to updates .all up to date.  I shut the comp down then restarted it within a couple of mins and it’s starts  as it should.  Only seems to take  a long time to load when been switched off for a few hours 

When you first turn it on, does all the text and windows logo come on screen at all, or does it remain blank?
- and then eventually it'll be there on your desktop ready to go...

or, does all the text and logo come on screen, and then sit's with the windows logo and the dots making a circle for a long time?

Yes that is what happens. No writing or anything then after ages desktop appears.  I did go to the update assistant and t did a very large download after which I get a windows help and Sapporo page. I always thought update was done ortomatic. A little better this morning but still took 25 mins.  Is it poss Ghozer for you to send me your tel no to my inbox as it’s more easy to explain over pone than write Alan

From what you are describing, it honestly sounds like it could be the PSU (Power Supply) - or the Board it's self (more likely to be PSU)

Will drop you a PM as soon as i'm home / available to talk later today, maybe tomorrow :)

Yes that is what happens. No writing or anything then after ages desktop appears.  I did go to the update assistant and t did a very large download after which I get a windows help and Sapporo page. I always thought update was done ortomatic. A little better this morning but still took 25 mins.  Is it poss Ghozer for you to send me your tel no to my inbox as it’s more easy to explain over pone than write Alan

How do I get the private inbox up can’t seem to find it ,all forum layout has changed? Using my iPad now. Before everything was down the left hand side but not now can’t find it

Go to your updates page in settings and check for updates. It could be the last one didn’t update correctly (I had a similar problem and that solved it)

Where is the settings button on the forum page got no menu at all.  Doing this on my ipad

hi regblind - when you have a PM it will usually pop up and inform you.... 

i'm not sure if the iPad shows the desktop or mobile version of the site..

on the desktop version, there's a little envelope at the top right which is your PM inbox..

on the mobile version, you need to open  the menu (lines, top right corner) and go via there..