New Ventures in Hillsborough

Hi does anyone know what the old estate agents at the bottom of Dykes Hall road Middlewood  Road junction is going to be

Edited by psyko

I'd imagine the council's planning application portal will tell you.

The old pet place is going to become a micro pub !

46 minutes ago, darylslinn said:

The old pet place is going to become a micro pub !

pet place ?

"The old pet place" Didn't sell Pets. They sold pet supplies ie pet food,s bird seeds'   and  bedding plants etc. It is situated  next but one to  Funks Pork shop . 

I think the old estate agents you refer too is on the opposite side of

Dykes Hall Rd  Middlewood Rd junction

Edited by bazjea

It's going to be another estate agents ....

Shame ... it would have been a good location for a pub.

22 hours ago, Edward Vimto said:

It's going to be another estate agents ....

Shame ... it would have been a good location for a pub.

Yep. And after a few barley wines you could stumble out, right onto the tram tracks.!😄

Joking aside, it's a nice building. Shame about it becoming ANOTHER estate agents. If it's not Estate Agents down Hilsbro it's Charity Shops.!

I wouldn't mind so much but I popped into the British Heart Foundation charity shop for a nosey last week....I spotted a nice Hoody but was gobsmacked to read the price..£12.99..!   For a second hand hoody?

I was on my own at the time but i couldn't help but say out loud "How Bluddy Much"...? 

I looked at DVD's, some were priced at £3.99..!!!

Okay i know it's for 'Charity', I get that, and I'm no miser... but...when the British Heart Foundation makes well over 50Million a year and the director is on 250K a year...?!! I wont be going there again..!

On the contrary, there is a little charity shop further down, opposite 'Heron Foods', where just about everything is a Quid.!

Makes on wonder doesn't it.!

How long has Superdrug been closed, down Hillsborough ?

1 hour ago, darylslinn said:

How long has Superdrug been closed, down Hillsborough ?

Closed about a week or so ago, opened up as a savers.

walked past Holme Lane earlier, the  new micro sport bar is up and running

Is the coffee shop on the corner of Holme Lane closed too?

I think they call it Java or something, it looked closed when I drove past one day last week and it had still got some Christmas decorations up.

7 hours ago, FinBak said:

Yep. And after a few barley wines you could stumble out, right onto the tram tracks.!😄

Joking aside, it's a nice building. Shame about it becoming ANOTHER estate agents. If it's not Estate Agents down Hilsbro it's Charity Shops.!

I wouldn't mind so much but I popped into the British Heart Foundation charity shop for a nosey last week....I spotted a nice Hoody but was gobsmacked to read the price..£12.99..!   For a second hand hoody?

I was on my own at the time but i couldn't help but say out loud "How Bluddy Much"...? 

I looked at DVD's, some were priced at £3.99..!!!

Okay i know it's for 'Charity', I get that, and I'm no miser... but...when the British Heart Foundation makes well over 50Million a year and the director is on 250K a year...?!! I wont be going there again..!

On the contrary, there is a little charity shop further down, opposite 'Heron Foods', where just about everything is a Quid.!

Makes on wonder doesn't it.!

When a charity shop receives an expensive item as a donation, its a bit of an insult to sell it for next to nothing.   For instance, a named leather handbag comes in with a price tag label still attached £180.  What do you suggest would be a fair selling price?   I bet that hoodie wasn't an H&M, it was probably Superdry or similar.  I was in that shop today, there was a sign (if I'm not mistaken) 3 DVDs for £1.

St Lukes often have lots of items for £1, but you can bet their best stuff goes to their other shops and is priced much more realistically.  Some people like buying good quality or designer goods, and by checking out the charity shops they can afford them.