RIP Andre Previn

Andre Previn has died aged 89, who can ever forget him for that appearance on Morecambe and Wise. 

During his lifetime he won four Oscars but many will remember him attempting to perform Grieg's piano concerto with Morecambe and Wise.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17342940

Edited by iansheff

I watched a clip earlier today and had the best laugh in years. Apart from his obvious talent he had the humility & the good humour to be the straight man in one of the greatest TV gags of all time - going to watch that clip again now

All the right notes in the wrong order,  just picking bits out of a great  sketch.  :hihi:

3 hours ago, iansheff said:

Andre Previn has died aged 89, who can ever forget him for that appearance on Morecambe and Wise. 

During his lifetime he won four Oscars but many will remember him attempting to perform Grieg's piano concerto with Morecambe and Wise.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17342940

I can’t remember it,  but it was funny.   That is what I call a comedy classic.  

RIP Andre Previn.

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

All the right notes in the wrong order,  just picking bits out of a great  sketch.  :hihi:

One of the all time great sketches - and how he'll be remembered by many people.

They should have made a series of Morecambe and Preview.

6 hours ago, Unrecordings said:

Apart from his obvious talent he had the humility & the good humour to be the straight man in one of the greatest TV gags of all time - going to watch that clip again now

This.  RIP and vielen Dank, Mr Previn.

Edited by Lex Luthor

When they had a programme about M & W and their shows there was a piece where it said they told Andre Previn he had to act normal in the sketch which he did to perfection, God knows how he managed to do it without laughing, even Ernie Wise was smiling in the sketch. Then there was the snippet of him as a bus conductor when he said I was on the M & W show and look at me now.

On 28/02/2019 at 21:47, hauxwell said:

I can’t remember it,  but it was funny.   That is what I call a comedy classic.  

RIP Andre Previn.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/entertainment-arts-47409017/andr-previn-in-famous-morecambe-and-wise-comedy-sketch

Wife and I (and a couple of friends) spent a holiday in Berlin, his birthplace, last summer. I asked at various tourist information places as to whether there was anywhere that marked him as being important to the city. Berlin's equivalent of the Blue Plaque if you like. There isn't. That's a shame, and should be rectified.  

Edited by wearysmith