Supertram Rail Replacement 2019

Would be very interested to know what the respective costs are for extending the SL buses and providing the replacement buses separately.

just how much is being saved at the expense of customer service which both  the PTE and Stagecoach would have us believe is important to both companies.

Stagecoach would not be funding the extension of the SL buses this would be paid for by the PTE

Resident your reasons don't make sense

buses and drivers will be required regardless of who operates it, and stagecoach have in the past run buses from Middlewood to Hillsborough. this is not a permanent move and no doubt stagecoach will save money as less trams drivers and conductors will presumably be required 

22 minutes ago, amnicoll said:

Would be very interested to know what the respective costs are for extending the SL buses and providing the replacement buses separately.

just how much is being saved at the expense of customer service which both  the PTE and Stagecoach would have us believe is important to both companies.

Stagecoach would not be funding the extension of the SL buses this would be paid for by the PTE

Resident your reasons don't make sense

buses and drivers will be required regardless of who operates it, and stagecoach have in the past run buses from Middlewood to Hillsborough. this is not a permanent move and no doubt stagecoach will save money as less trams drivers and conductors will presumably be required 

Supertram save no money on employment costs - the same number of conductors and drivers are required. If they aren’t working on a tram they will be at various tram stops on the system providing advice to customers. I’ve seen quite a few staff at Hillsborough this weekend. 

21 minutes ago, Hook said:

Supertram save no money on employment costs - the same number of conductors and drivers are required. If they aren’t working on a tram they will be at various tram stops on the system providing advice to customers. I’ve seen quite a few staff at Hillsborough this weekend. 

more important are the respective costs of extending the link buses over a separate service between Middlewood and Hillsborough. 

13 hours ago, amnicoll said:

more important are the respective costs of extending the link buses over a separate service between Middlewood and Hillsborough. 

Clearly it cost more or they would have done it...

The baiting is to cease. Any further posts will be removed.

I notice that the rails that were replaced at the Manor Top/ Elmtree curve are getting corrugated already and will need grinding down sometime in the near future.

Having investigated this I understand the reasons for not extending the SL tram link buses is operational not financial.

The time is now 12.45 and I can't sleep because of the tram maintainence works that are currently been carried out on Middlewood Road near Hillsborough Park. 

It is very loud and I can clearly make out the sound of a power generator and constant drilling.

Isn't there a law against this anti social noise?  I was always under the impression that people in the building trade were not allowed to start until after 7am in residential areas? 

I suspect major infrastructure work has exemptions.   Its just like highways repairs. 

Its a inconvenience no doubt, but unless you want to bring gridlock to the whole of the Hillsborough area each day by closing entire sections of road during rush hour when else are they supposed to do it?

On 01/03/2019 at 16:56, Hook said:

They did bits of it - there’s always more to do. 

If you're closing a road anyway, doesn't it make sense to do ALL of it at that point, not just some of it!

6 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

I suspect major infrastructure work has exemptions.   Its just like highways repairs. 

Its a inconvenience no doubt, but unless you want to bring gridlock to the whole of the Hillsborough area each day by closing entire sections of road during rush hour when else are they supposed to do it?

It doesn't reopen during the day...  It IS causing major problems.

They appear to be working 24 hrs though, or at least they're already at work at 0745 when I go past and were still there last night at 2250.

8 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

same old story really, complain if they take too long, complain if they do it as quickly as they possibly can...

11 hours ago, Cyclone said:

If you're closing a road anyway, doesn't it make sense to do ALL of it at that point, not just some of it!

It doesn't reopen during the day...  It IS causing major problems.

They appear to be working 24 hrs though, or at least they're already at work at 0745 when I go past and were still there last night at 2250.

They replace the rail as it wears out - what’s daft about that?

Volker do work 24 hours.