How to change my IP address?

I have an annoying phone call every day at the same time and it says "we have your IP address. Press 1 to speak to engineer to stop these calls."  I don't press 1 or speak but could there be any benefit in changing my IP address? If so, how can I do so?

They don't have your ip address it's just another stupid scam.

Generally, your IP address will change each time your modem/router re-connects to the internet.... some re-cycle every couple of days, some remain for months until the next time you're power is off etc....

as said above, just ignore the call, it'll be a scam

3 hours ago, woolyhead said:

I have an annoying phone call every day at the same time and it says "we have your IP address. Press 1 to speak to engineer to stop these calls."  I don't press 1 or speak but could there be any benefit in changing my IP address? If so, how can I do so?

I also have these type of calls which are  automated ..usually speaking in an American voice...always the same (when i bother to answer).."...Your internet connection is going to be cut off today due to illegal use press 1...blah,blah,blah"...we never... normally... answer the land line as everyone has our mobile.......your IP Address will usually change every day......I also have a VPN...so mine can be anywhere in the world....

2 hours ago, euclid said:

I also have these type of calls which are  automated ..usually speaking in an American voice...always the same (when i bother to answer).."...Your internet connection is going to be cut off today due to illegal use press 1...blah,blah,blah"...we never... normally... answer the land line as everyone has our mobile.......your IP Address will usually change every day......I also have a VPN...so mine can be anywhere in the world....

Thankyou Euclid and everyone else who replied. What you've told me has put my mind at rest.

If you did want to lookup your IP Address or even see how often it changes just go to What is my IP address .com..link below

https://whatismyipaddress.com/

Edited by euclid

Why would you believe what some random scam phone call says anyway?

You're default position should be to assume that they're lying through their teeth.

11 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Why would you believe what some random scam phone call says anyway?

You're default position should be to assume that they're lying through their teeth.

Yes, you're right Cyclone. But my wife answers the phone sometimes so I've told her about this. Should be ok now. And I have seen that my IP changes, too, Ghozer.

Edited by woolyhead