Sheffield City Council to raise parking charges by up to 30%.

On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 14:08, ECCOnoob said:

I'm curious to know where did you park before when used to go regular? What has changed so dramatically over the years that now makes you stop?

I used to park at the back of the Moor but tat has now been built on

1 hour ago, Ducky1 said:

I used to park at the back of the Moor but tat has now been built on

Part of that "building upon" is a massive multi story car park of course...  In fact there are 2, right next to the moor and very easy to access.

On street parking is readily available 5 mins away around this area;

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3759834,-1.4796957,19z

1 hour ago, Cyclone said:

Part of that "building upon" is a massive multi story car park of course...  In fact there are 2, right next to the moor and very easy to access.

On street parking is readily available 5 mins away around this area;

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3759834,-1.4796957,19z

It's tiresome isn't it when people complain about a lack of parking, when it's utterly untrue.

1 hour ago, Wazzock said:

It's tiresome isn't it when people complain about a lack of parking, when it's utterly untrue.

I still wouldn't go to town if it was free to park.  Crystal Peaks all the Asda's and Aldi's  and even Meadowhell are enough for me  to go and spend my hard earnt.  :hihi:

14 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

I still wouldn't go to town if it was free to park.  Crystal Peaks all the Asda's and Aldi's  and even Meadowhell are enough for me  to go and spend my hard earnt.  :hihi:

Fair enough, but when people say it's because there's no parking, it's not true.

I personally go to meadowhell for the cinema so do a bit of shopping if I need to then, but I also work in the centre, so do a bit of shopping then as well if I need to.  I wouldn't (often) purposefully drive to the centre to shop, but that's not because of parking, it's because of a smaller selection of shops.