Have you started planting seeds yet this year?

Have you started planting seeds this year? What are you growing? We have planted some cacti and succulents and have just planted the first tomatoes. We are planning to set them at different times so we have an early crop. 

We have courgettes, herbs, tropical plants, chilies, sweet peppers. What are you growing or planning to grow? Will you be swapping or selling your excess seedlings?  It would be great to do a plant swap.

I'm going to start planting seeds soon, starting with peppers ASAP! I tried growing them last year (first year of growing anything at all) and I think I started them too late as they weren't very successful. Fingers crossed for better luck this year!

Hope you have success this year vwkittie! Last year our chillies and sweet pepper did really well, far to many from just a few plants. 

Sometimes the compost can be a problem. I read Gardening Which and it surprising how seedlings and plants can differ so much in growth rate in different compost (in controlled conditions). 

Got parsnips, carrots and onion seeds out in the garden. Toms, peppers, squash, leek, beetroot and cucumber seeds on the greenhouse.

Toms were mad last year, still eating them.

red  cabbage, cauliflower and cabbages coming along nicely.

I have overwintered broad beans outside also put out under cloches broad beans from February greenhouse sowings. Early peas sown in raised guttering under cover.

I am going to leave parsnips for another couple of weeks as the failure rate is rather high when sown early.

The early potatoes (Casablanca ) have been planted today with fleece on standby for when they appear in case of frost.

We don't bother with potatoes any more. If we miss a few they end up growing year after year! We tried them in potato growing bags and watered them well but they were floury and fell in the water as if we hadn't watered them enough. 

Our tomatoes are still small at the moment. We have beef heart, gardeners delight and an outdoor one. We have some baby tomato plants to swap. 

Tomato seeds planted today, Roma (plum), Money Maker and Marmande.