New World Of Football Centre Proposed

the SCC have agreed for the sale ect,so from what i can gather is all done deal

On 14/03/2019 at 13:04, Slacker1969 said:

Yes brilliant opportunity missed for syt.  Will it happen again!

Hopefully.

a lot of people sayig positive things about this idea...  i'm just wondering how many of them live close enough to it to be afected by it. this is a busy roundabout now who knows what it will be like if this goes ahead, especially when there is a game on.    if this place and brammall lane both have games on at the same time i can see traffic deadlock.

as for the locals trying to get home and park outside their own houses .....  i guess they can forget about that.

i don't see this being a good thing at all for a lot people and most of them wont be the ones that want it just have to put up with it.

i'll happily sign anything that opposes it.

Not too bothered about the NIMBYs at Meadowhead. What about residents around the Bramall Lane and Hillsborough stadiums, nobody gives two hoots about their sentiments.

SCC have agreed to pass the stadium its a done deal,planning deal accepted it said in the sheffield star,it will be good for  the area,plus the visitors centre will bring people from around the world to sheffield,plus dont local causes get  cash as well from the project

On 17/03/2019 at 02:33, fill said:

Hopefully.

a lot of people sayig positive things about this idea...  i'm just wondering how many of them live close enough to it to be afected by it. this is a busy roundabout now who knows what it will be like if this goes ahead, especially when there is a game on.    if this place and brammall lane both have games on at the same time i can see traffic deadlock.

as for the locals trying to get home and park outside their own houses .....  i guess they can forget about that.

i don't see this being a good thing at all for a lot people and most of them wont be the ones that want it just have to put up with it.

Not had a crowd over 400 this season at Sheff FC. There`s probably that many folk in St James Aldi at 3pm on a Saturday.

Edited by jemson

I'm sure that there hasn't been a link posted for this so I'm treating it as fake news.

1 hour ago, jemson said:

Not had a crowd over 400 this season at Sheff FC. There`s probably that many folk in St James Aldi at 3pm on a Saturday.

That’s the thing. Sheffield FC play their games in a very confined spot with limited parking and even on match days you’d hardly know they were there.

St James must have thousands of people in it on a Saturday. Sheffield FC will have like you say maybe 400 but probably a lot less.

ITS IN THE STAR genuine news,council passed idea ect,so its not fake ask SCC or sheffield fc or the transport ground,not fully passed as it needs planning permission butSCC want it,so done deal unless there objections.

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

ITS IN THE STAR genuine news,council passed idea ect,so its not fake ask SCC or sheffield fc or the transport ground,not fully passed as it needs planning permission butSCC want it,so done deal unless there objections.

Appreciate the comment Bassett but I've 'googled' 'Sheffield fc new ground' and nothing relevant appears.

My 'fake news' comment was tongue in cheek but a number of us (due to our keen interest) have asked for a link to be posted. 

Edited by abbeyedges

On 18/03/2019 at 14:31, jemson said:

I think the constant references to the new ground as a "stadium" are giving some people the wrong idea.

9 hours ago, Longcol said:

I think the constant references to the new ground as a "stadium" are giving some people the wrong idea.

Indeed. It’s likely to have a 2,000-ish capacity I’d have thought and only needs that to comply with ground grading. The reality is crowds in range of 200-300 people.

The other thing of note is the public transport up to Meadowhead. There are numerous bus routes. It’s even walkable from the tram at Herdings

15 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

Appreciate the comment Bassett but I've 'googled' 'Sheffield fc new ground' and nothing relevant appears.

My 'fake news' comment was tongue in cheek but a number of us (due to our keen interest) have asked for a link to be posted. 

I've googled it too and cant find anything about it and would like a link to the story.