The derby!

Vaati

Any continued insults, bickering etc will results in account suspensions. This is the only warning you will get.

Message added by Vaati

7 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

utd do seem to be a bit dirty don't they, always grabbing and holding, thought we were going to get ripped to shreds from the barca blades but they were a tad clueless. That Wednesday defence looks great at the moment, hope Hector signs and i'll trust Bruce to sort that midfield out for next season, reckon utds kettle has boiled now and it's on the cool down. Can see Norwich and Leeds pulling away now and utd getting turned over in the semi's, maybe by us with a bit of luck but WBA will have a resurgence and go up as the third team, remember where you heard it.

So you'll lose another final then!😊

Norwood aside there was a complete lack of quality from the Blades last night until late on when McGoldrick came on.He does a great job of linking up play with the midfield which brings the wing backs in to the game.We're a much better team than that showing and hopefully we'll prove that in the next few games.

As usual there were a few complaints about the policing of the match.... Is there a worse police force in the country  than SYP? I doubt it.

8 minutes ago, pintor said:

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Well spotted! :thumbsup:

24 minutes ago, pintor said:

Yep, we aint ready yet.Nowhere near.

2 hours ago, ormester said:

We got sucked into playing the wrong way I love the way wendesday fans think it wasn't a penalty. 

Not sure where you get that from, not seen many if any Wednesday fans saying it wasn't a pen

2 hours ago, ormester said:

We got sucked into playing the wrong way I love the way wendesday fans think it wasn't a penalty. 

Sucked into playing the wrong way, lol. How does that work?

Hector took a risk and shouldn't have but a big strong lad like Madine shouldn't go down that easily.

34 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Sucked into playing the wrong way, lol. How does that work?

Hector took a risk and shouldn't have but a big strong lad like Madine shouldn't go down that easily.

It was a dive.LOL

11 hours ago, Grappler said:

Not the best showing for the Blades against a poor SWFC, Madine should have had a penalty early in the game, and should have been swapped for McGoldrick at half time, given all the trouble McGoldrick caused when he came on.  Duffy for Dowell all day long, Duffy would have had a better chance of finding an opening. Cranie for Basham?, that one is a bit harder to call, but Cranie has not put a foot wrong when he has played for us, and I think I would have given him the nod.

An away point is fine, but we really should be beating teams like this, at this stage of the season. 

Don't flatter yourselves, from the first whistle the Owls were on the front foot defensively, solid as a rock. Any decent CB can keep Madine quiet he's totally average. The two midfield's cancelled each other out hence the dearth of chances, CW has one way of playing and not much of a plan b if it gets nullified fortunately for United its mostly worked this season. I think if the pen was given it would have been a soft one, the ref gave no cards for some quite heavy fouls so was never going to give this. Not the worst 0-0 I've seen but a fair result. Distinct lack of real quality from both sides.

5 hours ago, cmonkes said:

United dirty 😂😂 

First at foremost we have one of the best discipline records in the league. One red card all season and not bad on the yellows.

Second....the sheer physicality that Madine endured from Hector and Hutchinson was ridiculous! At one point I was even wondering whether this was tactical!... "Let's if see we can rough Madine up a bit in hope of getting him fired up"......But if it was it failed didn't it? Madine has matured big time as a player since leaving you lot and he took it on the chin.

Only have to look at a couple of incidents during the game. One in which Hutinson gets inbetween madine and the ball, before swinging out the elbow with intent.....And the countless times that Hector went through the back of madine deliberately to beat him in the air.

I have the whole mate recorded! You want the times of all the dirty, physical fouls and tactics that you lot deployed....by all means ask!

That’s exactly the sort of play you want in a local derby, I’d have been gutted had they not done it, it’s a mans game. Sharp was equally as bad if your bothered about that kind of thing. Your saying Madine won his tussle with Hector - the fact that one was awful and subbed whilst the other was MOTM tells a very different story.

Canny bloke is SB , lets face facts, UTD are a GOOD side, vying for automatic promotion (hope they do it) yet Owls made them look very average, job done and another clean sheet, unbeaten under SB.

I keep banging on about my next point, beat Derby sat, Bristol City lose to Norwich , and then the gap for last play off spot will be 3pts.. plenty of other teams around Owls I know, but I"m growing more convinced that the Owls will be in the mix right to the very end...….

5 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

You expect a physical battle in places yes. However it simply isn't how we play...United players have it drilled into them to get up and get on with it abd as Wilder says "It just takes the tempo out of the game".

Thankfully hutchinson didn't connect with that elbow! That wasn't just physical, it was intent. You can't use your elbows!

It was how you played on Tuesday, anything to gain a set peice advantage and Sharp may have been off with a more card happy ref.

What's all this 'Wednesday did a job on us' rhubarb?

We nullified United's overlapping to a large extent and their 'expansive football' was nowhere to be seen. Ok, may be we saw flashes of it, but it didn't last long.

Fouls and holding from both sides, Hector's being by far the worst, and few chances created.

We had 7 regulars, one played totally out of position and 3 newcomers, especially to a Derby.

They all slotted in nicely, but need more time together.

All in all, quite pleased with what I saw.

Blades, unfortunately, weren't.