The derby!

Vaati

Any continued insults, bickering etc will results in account suspensions. This is the only warning you will get.

Message added by Vaati

42 minutes ago, Grappler said:

Not the best showing for the Blades against a poor SWFC, Madine should have had a penalty early in the game, and should have been swapped for McGoldrick at half time, given all the trouble McGoldrick caused when he came on.  Duffy for Dowell all day long, Duffy would have had a better chance of finding an opening. Cranie for Basham?, that one is a bit harder to call, but Cranie has not put a foot wrong when he has played for us, and I think I would have given him the nod.

An away point is fine, but we really should be beating teams like this, at this stage of the season. 

I agree we were not at our best we were firing on just three cylinders in stead of four .It was probably the most boring match involving the Blades this season.I think Cranie has earned a starting spot he has been super may be a run in the team will be good for him and the team.May be Wilder for the first time in a long time got it wrong but you can not really blame him for going with Dowell after his showing in the past few games.May be the game was to big for him and Duffy I think could have been the right choice.I am disappointed with the result we have played better teams than the Owls and got the points but just for once I feel some of our players were not at their best.So a big bore of a game is reflected in the score line.

On another point can I along with any sane supporter from the Lane say sorry to Steve Bruce for the remarks from that idiot on the death of his parents .What ever is in these peoples heads I will never know .It is a game it is just entertainment it should be enjoyable it is not a bloody war.I hope the Blades do the right thing as did the Owls when that moron tweeted about Billy Sharps sad loss ,what ever is wrong with these a/,;\[@?|e.

32 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

On another point can I along with any sane supporter from the Lane say sorry to Steve Bruce for the remarks from that idiot on the death of his parents .What ever is in these peoples heads I will never know .It is a game it is just entertainment it should be enjoyable it is not a bloody war.I hope the Blades do the right thing as did the Owls when that moron tweeted about Billy Sharps sad loss ,what ever is wrong with these a/,;\[@?|e.

They are sick, very sick.

My thoughts we didn't do the basics right Wednesday are nearly as poor as even I saw them at the lane  yes they had the best chance but when mcgoldtick came on we looked like we could nick it 

44 minutes ago, ormester said:

My thoughts we didn't do the basics right Wednesday are nearly as poor as even I saw them at the lane  yes they had the best chance but when mcgoldtick came on we looked like we could nick it 

According to the Star, their reporter Henderson, Norwood, Crainie & Mcgoldrick's rating was 7, the rest 6 The owls ratings were Aarans, Reach, Fletcher & Forestieri 7, the rest, including Bannan (where was he?) 8, did he watch the game at all?

Seen United quite a few times this season when they've been on sky, they always look good and dominate teams. Last night was the poorest I've seen them, whether that was Wednesday stopping them, I don't know

Wednesday matched them, had the best chance, but struggled to get anything else going, and not many options up top. Certainly had a good go, unlike the last 2 derbys. Looks promising under Bruce for next season but all depends on the financial situation

Highlights

Steve Bruce on the Derby

31 minutes ago, pintor said:

including Bannan (where was he?) 

Banana did quite  a bit in the highlights, corners, free kicks and towards the end around the box

Chris wilders reaction

Chris Bashams view

Edited by melthebell

1 hour ago, pintor said:

According to the Star, their reporter Henderson, Norwood, Crainie & Mcgoldrick's rating was 7, the rest 6 The owls ratings were Aarans, Reach, Fletcher & Forestieri 7, the rest, including Bannan (where was he?) 8, did he watch the game at all?

No mention of Hector? The panel on Sky called him the man of the match and they had a point and I don't mean for the grab of Madine lol. That was a definite penalty , where was the assistant ref. I understand the ref himself missing it as it was off the ball. .Mind you I would have hated the lads to have lost on a penalty, so there is that. Not a great game by any means and a draw is a fair result. imo.

Got to be honest here thought the game was boring one of Uniteds worst games 

Both sides looked poor in a stop start game can’t remember how many shots on goal there was but not many hate local games and now rotherham at weekend can’t afford to lose or draw blades need to start winning 

Last time I saw such a hard fought cagey 0-0 at Hillsborough was vs Brighton in the play off final season league fixture, United do look hard working and organised but lacked a bit of punch up front last night  and created no more than Wednesday in terms of chances, both sides defended well though. Thought Dem Blades fans were pretty quiet considering the healthy league position they are in at this stage of the season ……. UTO !

Edited by nikki-red

2 hours ago, jacklev1 said:

Got to be honest here thought the game was boring one of Uniteds worst games 

Both sides looked poor in a stop start game can’t remember how many shots on goal there was but not many hate local games and now rotherham at weekend can’t afford to lose or draw blades need to start winning 

We got sucked into playing the wrong way I love the way wendesday fans think it wasn't a penalty. 

Am glad the Derby is out of the way, we can now work on promotion.

The conditions did not help last night, United wasted 10 corners, and god knows how many fouls contributed to the ref with a liking for whistle blowing !

A poor match, a fair result, but a point a disapointment for both clubs/

utd do seem to be a bit dirty don't they, always grabbing and holding, thought we were going to get ripped to shreds from the barca blades but they were a tad clueless. That Wednesday defence looks great at the moment, hope Hector signs and i'll trust Bruce to sort that midfield out for next season, reckon utds kettle has boiled now and it's on the cool down. Can see Norwich and Leeds pulling away now and utd getting turned over in the semi's, maybe by us with a bit of luck but WBA will have a resurgence and go up as the third team, remember where you heard it.