The derby!

Vaati

Any continued insults, bickering etc will results in account suspensions. This is the only warning you will get.

Message added by Vaati

6 minutes ago, barry-333 said:

What do you think of the penalty shout?

I think the ref was probably looking at the ball ready to be kicked and missed what happened

The cameras have a much better view but the ref has only got one view but what about the linesman nearest to the incident, was he an Owl?

No mate, linos wait on the ref these days, most too scared to make a call. See it all the time.

30 minutes ago, barry-333 said:

I think the ref was probably looking at the ball ready to be kicked and missed what happened

The cameras have a much better view but the ref has only got one view but what about the linesman nearest to the incident, was he an Owl?

So the cameras must surely have missed the foul by Basham on Hector a split second before the 'penalty' shout?

According to those who watched on Sky, it was discussed first hand and then they failed to mention it afterwards!

Must admit after all the grandstanding I expected more from United, long ball seemed to be the weapon  of choice and the quality was lacking.

Fair result mind.

ed 

10 minutes ago, speedy69 said:

So the cameras must surely have missed the foul by Basham on Hector a split second before the 'penalty' shout?

According to those who watched on Sky, it was discussed first hand and then they failed to mention it afterwards!

Not exactly true, the Sky panel said that Hector was the man of the match, despite getting away with a certain penalty. 

Whoops I think you meant the foul on Hector wasn't mentioned, I thought you meant the missed penalty call.

Edited by Ontarian1981

4 minutes ago, speedy69 said:

I watched it on Sky but did not see any re-play of any other incidents but if you were close to the incidents you had a better view than the cameras.  Strange

Fair result. Weds were far better than last time we were there. Still too sluggish moving forward though. I thought we (UTD) played a bit better, but no cutting edge, and by half time looked like would only be a 0-0, or 1 goal winner.

Hutinson miss at time I thought was sitter and we got away with it. But with replays, he just had to hit the ball, and 80% of time would go in. So probably got away with that.

Overall, total anti-climax, and I said it would be 0-0 prematch. However, on plus side, look at sides around weds,

Villa, preston, swans, brentford, stoke, and I'd take a point from a night match at any of those away, so I'll consider it a point that we want from away games. The derby for me, was lessened by the need for points. I'll always take a point from away games. (though villa, was vomit inducing, lol)

Leeds will be interesting, as will rotherham!

need top 2 really to expect to go up, and it's tight. I don't favour us in playoffs, purely due to experience! and form means little. Might as well just draw 1 straw out of 4.

Edited by *_ash_*

3 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Much ado about nothing.

The Blades were pretty average, mainly because we were better than United expected us to be. The better football came from United, the best chance fell to Wednesday.

I reckon we'll get better as time goes on, we're still getting used to each other.

A result to suit both sets of fans really, no -one lost, and no-one really deserved to win.

To match a top three side (albeit with a bit of luck with the penalty shout) was good from my point of view and we did better than I really expected from the off, to be honest.

Both sides can do better, and will do better.

The Play-Offs are achievable and whilever they are, we have to keep going.

Happy not to lose, sorry we didn't win.

At the end of the day, I'll sleep ok tonight.

posted before read other analyses, but this is a good reflection of what I saw too.

I have said I wonder if there is a way to bet for Weds to go up, and United not to. I bet good odds, now.

(let me know if anyone finds)

as unlikely as it sounds, we are almost certainly going to be at least in the playoffs, the top 2 is tough to call, but weds can get to playoffs. So could flip!

I would stick a tenner on 100-1 and the grand would supply me with enough alcohol to deal with the psychological distress! :)

Edited by *_ash_*

On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 16:51, tonyem said:

... and look at them now!

I thought is was Cardiff who sneaked up at the last minute.

9 hours ago, Albert smith said:

Would it be to much to ask as to your thoughts on the actual football match , Driving and parking cars has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread.

Well, I could give you my thoughts on football generally, but given that I was trying to get through the traffic to go climbing and then back home through the moronic parking I didn't have time to watch 22 grown men chase a bag of wind around a field.

The subject of the thread though seems to be "the derby" and the driving and parking are specifically related to that title.

8 hours ago, barry-333 said:

How many times do we see that though? I'm sure United players will of got away with holding in the area as well. It should of been a pen for that but supposedly there was a foul just before that I missed anyway. Just one of those the ref  either gives or doesn't.

Did enough to deserve a point so I'd of been annoyed to lose it on a penalty

Not the best showing for the Blades against a poor SWFC, Madine should have had a penalty early in the game, and should have been swapped for McGoldrick at half time, given all the trouble McGoldrick caused when he came on.  Duffy for Dowell all day long, Duffy would have had a better chance of finding an opening. Cranie for Basham?, that one is a bit harder to call, but Cranie has not put a foot wrong when he has played for us, and I think I would have given him the nod.

An away point is fine, but we really should be beating teams like this, at this stage of the season. 

8 minutes ago, Grappler said:

An away point is fine, but we really should be beating teams like this, at this stage of the season. 

Owls much improved under SB, it was never going to be easy, also weather conditions did"nt help either team.