The derby!

Vaati

Any continued insults, bickering etc will results in account suspensions. This is the only warning you will get.

Message added by Vaati

6 hours ago, Padders said:

Be a bigger laugh if Owls beat UTD in play offs, and get promoted, looking at the table its a possibility , especially if Owls win tonight... Brian the Blade has promised on football heaven to run through the peace gardens in his birthday suit if UTD win the Championship... What an opportunity for all you Owls on here to upstage him...

I suggest you all do the Conga through Hillsboro Park, in your birthday suits, with Hot Male leading the line up.

COME ON THE OWLS.

The last time I felt like I do today before a Derby, was in 1979. Blades were flying high, up the top of the League and we were dithering a bit, staggering from game to game.

Back then, we shocked United and Wednesday fans and won it very comfortably as I'm sure anyone who's old enough will remember.

We're not staggering through games at the moment, so the signs are looking better today than they were back then.

My head tells me that United are better placed to win this, or, to be more correct, better placed to not lose it, but a draw wouldn't surprise me one jot.

Shame we haven't got Lazaar, Hooper and Kieran Lee. If these were fit and in there, it'd totally change my expectations, but we'll have a pop, no doubt.

Just for once, I hope the nation are totally entertained by two good teams going at it with skill, passion and intent.

To be honest, Wednesday's performances on Sky have been dire.

It's about time we played attractive, progressive football and gained a few admirers.

We're well capable and tonight, I hope we show it.

I'm still going 2-2. 

Edited by Hotmale 1954

1 hour ago, pintor said:

So you've  admitted you're  an  owl at last,!,

Fort Williamite Pintor…. Winning 1-0. Saturday, then game abandoned, a travesty of justice.

Today’s line up against Sheff Utd:

Westwood

Palmer

Fletcher        

Bannan

Lees

Reach

Hutchinson

Iorfa

Hector

Aarons

Forestieri 

Subs: 
Dawson, Fox, Pudil, Pelupessy, Matias, Boyd, Nuhiu.

Edited by iansheff

What's Pudil done wrong?

The general consensus has been that Fox, although being 'adequate'  is regarded as a weak link in our team.

Lazaar had a cracking debut and it's a proper shame he's injured, but I can't help wondering what's happened to relegate Pudil to  the position of 'might make the squad' and not even our 2nd choice left back.

He can't have deteriorated so much as to not challenge for a first team place can he?

He is a Czech international when all said and done and he's not exactly past it.

Some of his best games for us were amongst the latest games he played for us. He seemed to get better as he got older.

For him to be relegated to 3rd or 4th choice seems a bit harsh, I reckon.

He can play LB or Centre Half, so I suppose that's why he sneaks a place on the bench.

I reckon he's better than just a bit part player.

It's getting very close now, only 45 minutes to go.

Hope it's a great game, that the idiot fans manage to behave and the Owls come away with the win.

Still say 2-2, whilst hoping for a 5-0.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

3 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Still say 2-2, whilst hoping for a 5-0.

On your previous form, I think we can discount 2-2.. But its the 5-1 dream that scares me.

Oh dear lol, what are sky doing with Carlos as a pundit? He'll end up talking about loaves of bread or someat weird

Well, this is awful, we aren't playing at all. Why are our games always shocking? 

1-0 Wednesday from a set peice or something this.

Edited by SomeNextGuy

The driving before the match was atrocious and the parking right now is equally bad.  I hope the wardens are out ticketing people who park like morons.

13 minutes ago, SomeNextGuy said:

Well, this is awful, we aren't playing at all. Why are our games always shocking? 

1-0 Wednesday from a set peice or something this.

Looks like a proper hard derby to me, both teams trying but cancelling each other out

47 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Looks like a proper hard derby to me, both teams trying but cancelling each other out

That's one way to look at it. 

Very scrappy, draw a very fair result. On we both go! 

So much for 3-3  cancelling each other out. Shows how far S6 has come since brucey came along. Jos owls would have self destructed.