The derby!

Vaati

Any continued insults, bickering etc will results in account suspensions. This is the only warning you will get.

Message added by Vaati

3 minutes ago, despritdan said:

Wednesday have improved lately and will want revenge for last season's match so I predict a close game, with plenty of attacking football from both sides, ending in a 2-2 draw.

It will not be a draw

Nah den everybody, just calm darn !

No matter what the result, the sun will rise and fall on Tuesday !

14 hours ago, SomeNextGuy said:

17-8 Blades. 

22-5 Wednesday 

14 hours ago, barry-333 said:

It will not be a draw

Hope not!  A draw is no good to either side.. a Blades win will cement their position in the top 2, especially if Leeds lose tonight.. an Owls win will be a massive boost to their play off hopes which are certainly within the realms of possibility.

3 hours ago, Padders said:

Hope not!  A draw is no good to either side.. a Blades win will cement their position in the top 2, especially if Leeds lose tonight.. an Owls win will be a massive boost to their play off hopes which are certainly within the realms of possibility.

And arent my owlsmad  stepsons rubbing it in it is possible!! 

Steve Bruce on the derby among other things

32 minutes ago, Albert smith said:

Very articulate ,with a smile what a change .

indeed, seems to be happy about things

DAM! Leeds hammered Baggies 4-0.  Blades need 3pts more than ever now.

5 hours ago, melthebell said:

Steve Bruce on the derby among other things

SB has taken the right attitude to the derby.  His mission is long term and teambuilding.

Our mission on Monday is for a settled side playing good together to demolish the Owls

The Blades need these three points, the style is the same home or away and that is the bit extra that I think we have for Monday

UTB

I just hope Wednesday make a game of it this time.  I've seen many, if not all, the Sheffield derbies for the last 40 years or so and I've never seen one where a team has set out to just defend and hang on from the first minute.  I doubt I'll ever see one again like that if I'm watching for the next 40 years.  I'm referring of course to the earlier fixture at Bramall lane this season.   Thank heavens Wednesday have got shut of that dead loss of a manager and his negative ways.  If you're going to lose, at least come out fighting and make a go of it, that's what every fan should expect of their team, be they Owl or Blade.

Of course, if we re-wind even further to the first Sheffield derby last season, at Hillsborough, the circumstances were very different.  The Owls had warned that the Championship would be far too tough for United., having just arrived there after a lengthy sentence in League 1.  Many predicted United would go straight back down again - a bit like Wednesday almost did in their first season back in the Championship.  And most Wednesday fans were looking forward to seeing their team give a sound beating to United to welcome them back to the Championship.

It didn't quite turn out that way!  

I think most Wednesday fans now are at least respectful of what United have achieved and are capable of.  Wilder has built a good side capable of competing with anyone at this level.  It will be tough for Wednesday, but I also think it will be no stroll in the park for United either.  Wednesday do have some good individual players and they've got a good manager at last!  

Let's just hope it's a great game of football.  I think it will be a draw personally.  There's another perspective on this here on the SYFF site.  

http://southyorksfooty.proboards.com/thread/3403/owls-blades-monday-march-2019

16 hours ago, DerbyTup said:

I just hope Wednesday make a game of it this time.  I've seen many, if not all, the Sheffield derbies for the last 40 years or so and I've never seen one where a team has set out to just defend and hang on from the first minute.  I doubt I'll ever see one again like that if I'm watching for the next 40 years.  I'm referring of course to the earlier fixture at Bramall lane this season.   Thank heavens Wednesday have got shut of that dead loss of a manager and his negative ways.  If you're going to lose, at least come out fighting and make a go of it, that's what every fan should expect of their team, be they Owl or Blade.

Of course, if we re-wind even further to the first Sheffield derby last season, at Hillsborough, the circumstances were very different.  The Owls had warned that the Championship would be far too tough for United., having just arrived there after a lengthy sentence in League 1.  Many predicted United would go straight back down again - a bit like Wednesday almost did in their first season back in the Championship.  And most Wednesday fans were looking forward to seeing their team give a sound beating to United to welcome them back to the Championship.

It didn't quite turn out that way!  

I think most Wednesday fans now are at least respectful of what United have achieved and are capable of.  Wilder has built a good side capable of competing with anyone at this level.  It will be tough for Wednesday, but I also think it will be no stroll in the park for United either.  Wednesday do have some good individual players and they've got a good manager at last!  

Let's just hope it's a great game of football.  I think it will be a draw personally.  There's another perspective on this here on the SYFF site.  

http://southyorksfooty.proboards.com/thread/3403/owls-blades-monday-march-2019

Decent post apart from the fact that despite the Owls being awful at Bramall Lane they didn't lose.