The derby!

Vaati

Any continued insults, bickering etc will results in account suspensions. This is the only warning you will get.

Message added by Vaati

17 minutes ago, iansheff said:

It is a joke the way that they are allowed to cut the capacity for matches.  I looked at Norwich v Ipswich the other week, although not the same as a Sheffield derby it is still a big match between two bitter rivals and the  attendance was 27,040. Looking on the football league ground guide Carrow Road has a capacity of  27,244  so they were 204 people under the capacity and a few of those could be down to no shows on the day. Yet here in Sheffield, Hillsborough is only going to be allowed to  have about 80% of the grounds seats sold for the derby game.

It is, especially when you can have fans separated by just a row of stewards. I don't remember of hearing about many crowd problems the last time the west stand was split between the two sets of fans so why shouldnt it be used

53 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

It is, especially when you can have fans separated by just a row of stewards. I don't remember of hearing about many crowd problems the last time the west stand was split between the two sets of fans so why shouldnt it be used

Just doing a bit more research.

Villa v Birmingham, capacity 42,785   attendance 41,200

Forest v Derby capacity 30,445 attendance 29,421

Derby v Forest capacity 33,597 attendance 31,160

Chelsea v Spurs capacity 41,631 attendance 40,542

Man City v Man Utd capacity 55,097 attendance 54,316

Big local matches, none of which had their capacity slashed for a big match, so why do the powers that be feel the need to slash capacity by such a high percentage?  Man City only had 781 empty seats for their derby match. I can't find out if the attendances given  were a maximum  capacity that they had been allowed to have due to safety grounds, however none had their capacity cut anything like the Sheffield derby matches are. 

Edited by iansheff

12 minutes ago, iansheff said:

Just doing a bit more research.

Villa v Birmingham, capacity 42,785   attendance 41,200

Forest v Derby capacity 30,445 attendance 29,421

Derby v Forest capacity 33,597 attendance 31,160

Chelsea v Spurs capacity 41,631 attendance 40,542

Man City v Man Utd capacity 55,097 attendance 54,316

Big local matches, none of which had their capacity slashed for a big match, so why do the powers that be feel the need to slash capacity by such a high percentage?  Man City only had 781 empty seats for their derby match. I can't find out if the attendances given  were a maximum  capacity that they had been allowed to have due to safety grounds, however none had their capacity cut anything like the Sheffield derby matches are. 

Its nothing to do with the police IMHO, its Wednesday refusing to give united the tickets because we only gave you the lower tier for the return leg at derby.

Plus imagine the noise from that stand if it was full of blades, i guess they have been petty and decided that they didn't need the extra revenue.

2 hours ago, sheff66 said:

That is a blatant lie , ps enjoy the game 

How can it be a lie, a blade posted it on TWITTER

What more evidence do you possibly need?

1 hour ago, John_S6 said:

How can it be a lie, a blade posted it on TWITTER

What more evidence do you possibly need?

just read on Facebook the Blades have been allocated another 1000 tickets !!   perhaps its another lie?? Oh wait its on Uniteds website...must be a big lie !!  can any one confirm thats over 3500 now?

Edited by POUNDSWORTH

This is supposed to be the match day thread...this is the final warning on the matter.

6 hours ago, scottf said:

Its nothing to do with the police IMHO, its Wednesday refusing to give united the tickets because we only gave you the lower tier for the return leg at derby.

Plus imagine the noise from that stand if it was full of blades, i guess they have been petty and decided that they didn't need the extra revenue.

Tbh I thought the allocation was agreed with both parties ,that it was a said price with a said amount of tickets either way ? 

8 hours ago, scottf said:

The last time that end was full of Blades Chris O'Grady made sure there was no noise.🤣🤣

6 hours ago, POUNDSWORTH said:

1-3to the blades

4-0 Wednesday 

Wednesday have improved lately and will want revenge for last season's match so I predict a close game, with plenty of attacking football from both sides, ending in a 2-2 draw.