The derby!

Vaati

Any continued insults, bickering etc will results in account suspensions. This is the only warning you will get.

Message added by Vaati

7 hours ago, POUNDSWORTH said:

BIG MATCHES DICATE A PREMIUM , YES GRANTED, BUT NOT ON THE SCALE THE OWLS TAKE ADVANTAGE.

The Owls tried to increase the price further for the blade fans, only the EFL turned it down.. 

The police issuing the 5000 reduction, i feel may have been issued in the past too, as S6 should or did hold many more than 30,000 ..is it a safety cut or a segregation measure .

Why or how have another 600 plus ticket been found for Blades fans?  have they been freed  up by such segregation??

S6 was a MASSIVE ground back in the day, gates of 40,000 for semi final games etc, now the stadium for safety reason is down to around 30,000..i and many members remember larger gates in the Sheffield derby, is it old age ?? but what was the gate boxing day?

in the days of reasonable prices and NO sky.

There's zero evidence that Owls tried to increase the prices, football league rules stipulate you cannot charge away fans more than home fans.

8 hours ago, POUNDSWORTH said:

BIG MATCHES DICATE A PREMIUM , YES GRANTED, BUT NOT ON THE SCALE THE OWLS TAKE ADVANTAGE.

The Owls tried to increase the price further for the blade fans, only the EFL turned it down.. 

The police issuing the 5000 reduction, i feel may have been issued in the past too, as S6 should or did hold many more than 30,000 ..is it a safety cut or a segregation measure .

Why or how have another 600 plus ticket been found for Blades fans?  have they been freed  up by such segregation??

S6 was a MASSIVE ground back in the day, gates of 40,000 for semi final games etc, now the stadium for safety reason is down to around 30,000..i and many members remember larger gates in the Sheffield derby, is it old age ?? but what was the gate boxing day?

Has the ground got a current safety certificate and what is the max limit

8 hours ago, POUNDSWORTH said:

We cant charge a visiting club more than we charge our own as its against the league rules.

Capacity for semis was 55k from around 1966 onwards,prior to that it had been 60K,think the westham manu game in 64 was watched by 65K

1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

There's zero evidence that Owls tried to increase the prices, football league rules stipulate you cannot charge away fans more than home fans.

Careful what you post. The truth has already been removed once but the untruth/lie/unchecked 'fact' (take your pick) is allowed to stand.

Hard one to call this one. As a Blade would love Madine to get a hat trick (or at least one). With the Leeds midweek result and them with a tough game on Friday it's a great chance to pull clear, especially with local derbies against Rotherham and a real six-pointer against Leeds coming up. 

16 hours ago, POUNDSWORTH said:

The 600 extra tickets were found because they aren't using the lower tier so there is no need for the netting on the front of the upper tier. I'm not sure how it effects the overall capacity not using the lower tier. It's stupid not using the lower tier though, the stadium is allowed to hold 35k currently but it will probably be around 30k now. Segregation is just stupid for the derby's, especially at Hillsborough.

Now the prices have put it beyond alot of fans aswell. I will be watching on sky if I'm not working because of the price.  I don't see why they couldn't reduce prices to 30 quid or less to maximise the amount of fans in the ground, anyone should know the demand will be there with decent prices so why not pack the ground instead of leaving the ground looking emptier than it should

46 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

The 600 extra tickets were found because they aren't using the lower tier so there is no need for the netting on the front of the upper tier. I'm not sure how it effects the overall capacity not using the lower tier. It's stupid not using the lower tier though, the stadium is allowed to hold 35k currently but it will probably be around 30k now. Segregation is just stupid for the derby's, especially at Hillsborough.

Now the prices have put it beyond alot of fans aswell. I will be watching on sky if I'm not working because of the price.  I don't see why they couldn't reduce prices to 30 quid or less to maximise the amount of fans in the ground, anyone should know the demand will be there with decent prices so why not pack the ground instead of leaving the ground looking emptier than it should

Football is now for the rich ,If you can afford £30 to attend a game you are rich ,no ifs ,no buts , the game is no longer the peoples game.

22 hours ago, 1295galaxy said:

Wouldn"t it be a laugh if the Owls go up and the Blades miss out on the play-offs,you never know what can happen with football,Fulham did it last season

That would be a drama of Shakespearian proportions.

12 hours ago, barry-333 said:

Has the ground got a current safety certificate and what is the max limit

AM SURE IT HAS, but unlike the lanes capacity of around 32,000, the police allow gates up to full capacity, give or take a 1000 for the big games.

What is the Owls official capacity against allowed attendees?? i have just looked up on the wiki, and it states the ground has a capacity of 39,700...if we take off the police restrictions that should leave a gate of 34,700 on Monday.

Why were United not offered the lower teir??  its not as if the Owls dont need the revenue..

Edited by POUNDSWORTH

1 hour ago, POUNDSWORTH said:

AM SURE IT HAS, but unlike the lanes capacity of around 32,000, the police allow gates up to full capacity, give or take a 1000 for the big games.

What is the Owls official capacity against allowed attendees?? i have just looked up on the wiki, and it states the ground has a capacity of 39,700...if we take off the police restrictions that should leave a gate of 34,700 on Monday.

Why were United not offered the lower teir??  its not as if the Owls dont need the revenue..

We don't currently have a capacity of 39k its been limited by the safety group to 35k so you'd have to take segregation etc off that number. I don't believe for a minute anything other than maybe the corner isn't safe so should be around 38k allowed in.

As for you getting the lower, no you shouldn't. Give us the full end at lane to give more owls the chance of an away derby then you can have the full leppings lane end.

It's not about giving you the away end anyway, it should of been 25-30 quid a ticket. The club will of realised it would be a sky game but people would rather watch it in person, I know I would of. There's no way at that price instead of 40 quid it wouldn't sell out to home fans then we could of had the upper or lower end of leppings lane.

Edited by NERVY-OWL

22 hours ago, POUNDSWORTH said:

That is a blatant lie , ps enjoy the game 

It is a joke the way that they are allowed to cut the capacity for matches.  I looked at Norwich v Ipswich the other week, although not the same as a Sheffield derby it is still a big match between two bitter rivals and the  attendance was 27,040. Looking on the football league ground guide Carrow Road has a capacity of  27,244  so they were 204 people under the capacity and a few of those could be down to no shows on the day. Yet here in Sheffield, Hillsborough is only going to be allowed to  have about 80% of the grounds seats sold for the derby game.