The derby!

Vaati

Any continued insults, bickering etc will results in account suspensions. This is the only warning you will get.

Message added by Vaati

23 hours ago, SomeNextGuy said:

Next Monday. 

A rather big game. 

The Blades have won their last three, keeping three clean sheets. The pressure is slightly off after the good run, as many suspected that we'd drop points against Boro and West Brom, and really need the win at Hillsborough. 

This isn't the case now, a loss wouldn't put us out of touch with automatic promotion, but it certainly wouldn't help. 

The Owls have won a game and are now looking towards the playoffs (of course). Brentford on Tuesday should be a relatively straight forward game, making it two wins on the bounce going into the derby. 

We're the better team, but this is going to be a tough one. 

I predict a 1-1 draw. 

blades 4-1

I shall now be at the game, but today first thing this morning United were given another 650 tickets, yet this afternoon it seem s  on police advice there shall be another 5000 empty seats !!!

Now the gate is dictated to by the police, scheduled down to Sky and priced by a greedy chairman !!    the games going down hill..

Had the game not been on sky, the demand for tickets would have been greater, had the prices been more resonable the demand would have been greater, yes and had the game been on a Saturday the demand for tickets would have been greater!!

A common issue here is the supporters are not getting the rub of the green.

Seems the game is no longer ran for the benefit of the fans who attend games

More the armchair fans

8 hours ago, POUNDSWORTH said:

I shall now be at the game, but today first thing this morning United were given another 650 tickets, yet this afternoon it seem s  on police advice there shall be another 5000 empty seats !!!

Now the gate is dictated to by the police, scheduled down to Sky and priced by a greedy chairman !!    the games going down hill..

Had the game not been on sky, the demand for tickets would have been greater, had the prices been more resonable the demand would have been greater, yes and had the game been on a Saturday the demand for tickets would have been greater!!

I totally agree this match is a city football highlight and SHOULD have been on a SAT 3pm ko

Money has spoilt football for the paying spectators in th UK

9 hours ago, POUNDSWORTH said:

I thought you were a businessman. If the police cut the gate by 5000, supply goes down and demand  goes up. Supply and demand dictate price.

9 hours ago, barry-333 said:

I totally agree this match is a city football highlight and SHOULD have been on a SAT 3pm ko

Money has spoilt football for the paying spectators in th UK

South Yorkshire police  say no more  Derby's  at weekends 

Edited by pintor

Great result last night with Leeds losing. They play West Brom on Friday night so we could potentially still be sitting in 2nd come Monday, which would take a bit of pressure off. 

I'm sort of glad that Wednesday won yesterday too, they should come at us and go for the win this time, which would definitely suit us. I don't think the home crowd at Hillsborough would accept the tactics that were deployed at Bramall Lane last year! 

Edited by SomeNextGuy

Wouldn"t it be a laugh if the Owls go up and the Blades miss out on the play-offs,you never know what can happen with football,Fulham did it last season

1 hour ago, SomeNextGuy said:

Great result last night with Leeds losing. They play West Brom on Friday night so we could potentially still be sitting in 2nd come Monday, which would take a bit of pressure off. 

I'm sort of glad that Wednesday won yesterday too, they should come at us and go for the win this time, which would definitely suit us. I don't think the home crowd at Hillsborough would accept the tactics that were deployed at Bramall Lane last year! 

Previous results and standings make no difference whatsoever in a derby, its who turns up on the night and no more. I'm sure the Owls will attack more this time but I'm sure Bruce is not stupid enough to play into Uniteds hands, the first 30mins will be key the longer the games goes without an away goal the more the advantage will go to the home side.

Both sides in good form. Hard to call.

Hoping for a Blades win.

14 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

I thought you were a businessman. If the police cut the gate by 5000, supply goes down and demand  goes up. Supply and demand dictate price.

BIG MATCHES DICATE A PREMIUM , YES GRANTED, BUT NOT ON THE SCALE THE OWLS TAKE ADVANTAGE.

The Owls tried to increase the price further for the blade fans, only the EFL turned it down.. 

The police issuing the 5000 reduction, i feel may have been issued in the past too, as S6 should or did hold many more than 30,000 ..is it a safety cut or a segregation measure .

Why or how have another 600 plus ticket been found for Blades fans?  have they been freed  up by such segregation??

S6 was a MASSIVE ground back in the day, gates of 40,000 for semi final games etc, now the stadium for safety reason is down to around 30,000..i and many members remember larger gates in the Sheffield derby, is it old age ?? but what was the gate boxing day?

in the days of reasonable prices and NO sky.

20 minutes ago, POUNDSWORTH said:

BIG MATCHES DICATE A PREMIUM , YES GRANTED, BUT NOT ON THE SCALE THE OWLS TAKE ADVANTAGE.

The Owls tried to increase the price further for the blade fans, only the EFL turned it down.. 

The police issuing the 5000 reduction, i feel may have been issued in the past too, as S6 should or did hold many more than 30,000 ..is it a safety cut or a segregation measure .

Why or how have another 600 plus ticket been found for Blades fans?  have they been freed  up by such segregation??

S6 was a MASSIVE ground back in the day, gates of 40,000 for semi final games etc, now the stadium for safety reason is down to around 30,000..i and many members remember larger gates in the Sheffield derby, is it old age ?? but what was the gate boxing day?

in the days of reasonable prices and NO sky.

49,000+ on boxing day